Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

ForzaTech is their engine.

engines get tweaks and modifications to suit different games, remember the forzatech engine was originally made for racing games not a RPG

Unreal Engine 5 is literally still in development and people are already making games in it.

2 Likes

It happens all the time, even after games release.

1 Like

Was this filmed inside Halos barn?

Yes

2 Likes

Always… New features are always added

That does not seem to be DS at all, no. More like a horror game, maybe the Stadia game is still happening, but now for Xbox? But this doesn’t seem early at all, I’m starting to hope it IS the Xbox project.

It does look like the person is playing on a phone to me (?) so that’s gotta be the cloud game? Huh

1 Like

Damn, good point!

Matt says that Coalition lead the charge with a lot of their work with Unreal Engine that includes Perfect Dark, SoT, State of Decay, etc.

As if we’ve had any doubts. Coalition do a lot of important work even if it’s not all obvious to everyone.

6 Likes

One of the examples given is Undead Labs working with Coalition to “compete visually”, have great animation technology, player/environment interactivity, for State of Decay 3 and Coalition’s next project.

5 Likes

We’re a week away from what was supposed to be the launch :sob:

Ah well.

4 Likes

Confirmed M rated I see. Cool.

1 Like

Yep.

I think we we’ll at the least see blood effects, maybe even gore like Fallout? Because you don’t have a 18 rating for nothing.

Yeah, Undead labs founder Jeff when asked by Matt Booty on what they wanted to improve under Xbox he said they wanted to have the best animators in the industry.

Undead labs have been hiring some top tier talent ever since including Ryan Duffin as animation director, also opened a satellite studio. State of Decay 3 is going to be huge leap for the studio, can’t wait.

I don’t see why not. Like maybe not disgustingly gruesome stuff like Fallout, but there will definitely be blood. The gameplay trailer either was missing blood in engine or something or simply the gravity of some parents will affect whether blood splatters around or not.

13 million players for Grounded, huge. Gonna be an easy 20+ million players lifetime.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games? (Part 7).