Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

I just can’t see Redfall creating any sort of monumental improvements for first party engagement unless its more than just open world left 4 dead with vampires. While I’m personally looking forward to it I think there’s been a little bit of a games as a service fatigue around the general public. a lot of people are already heavily invested in other games to add another one of them to the list, especially when it comes to shooters.

I think Contraband is something that could potentially have a little bit more of a broader appeal considering not a lot of heist games out there aside from GTA online and payday, I just hope Microsoft is giving them a large budget to work with.

I forgot Bleeding Edge was a game even though I really enjoyed my time with it.

I agree that anything is possible. I simply have high interest in Redfall (more than Starfield by the way) and I don’t want to see it get rushed out or have no content post launch unless it goes The Witcher 3 route with expansions and that’s it.

Suicide Squad only received gameplay at TGA in December and was never releasing in 2022 for one simple reason - WB wasn’t going to release Gotham Knights, Hogwarts Legacy and Suicide Squad in the Fall. Just no way. If anything, WB would hurt the sales for their own games because even if someone is interested in buying all three, highly unlikely that they actually do.

I think Redfall can hit if it’s released in an empty month, plays great and has excellent content. As im very interested in it, im hoping it just doesn’t get rushed out and end up being dead on arrival.

I agree with Contraband but with Redfall, there aren’t many vampire games either. Majority of games like Back 4 Blood and whatnot are usually zombies.

When they announced GK for Fall, I had a feeling SS was going to be delayed. It’s the same feeling for Forspoken. I don’t think they will release FFXVI if they’re treating the former as their magnus opus of this year.

Having Creation Club launch day 1 on Starfield could create tons of viral clips and influence its success on Xbox consoles. People love user created content, there are youtube channels that upload skyrim mod videos constantly even 10 years after its release

this doesn’t include random twitter and tik tok videos that go viral once in a while for Bethesda Game Studios content, I really hope Starfield has a smooth launch because otherwise people will quickly move back to Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Agreed.

Not sure if I fully agree with this. The parts I do agree with is that Xbox will need more shows soon, as before they know it they’ll have a stupid amount of games releasing regularly. I don’t think that applies for this year though.

Regarding their game marketing, while it may not be as “in your face” as some others, MS still markets their titles a fair bit. Forza Horizon doesn’t hit 15+ million players otherwise, and neither does Infinite hit 20 million+. Heck, Infinite had ads playing on a regular basis each time I would watch NBA.

I definitely disagree with the Direct comparisons. The last time we had a Direct that didn’t end up disappointing to most people was E3 time last year. State of Plays are in a similar state, where people overhype them and end up disappointed each time.

With big E3 shows, we at least know that we’ll be seeing some great trailers for larger games.

Regarding their smaller games not getting as much coverage, I agree that this is something that should be worked on. Though even there, it’s not exactly a MS only issue. How much main stream coverage/ads/marketing did Returnal get, for example.

4 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

“That money will soon be mine!” -Microsoft

That feeling when you now also can follow mobile gaming charts to see Microsoft games :joy:

1 Like

Blame England

They got invaded and temporarily taken over so often, the common vernacular ended up with more patches and hot fixes than a Blizzard game

7 Likes

So it’s the slipspace engine of the language world :phil_lmao:

1 Like

What could be classic tv shows Microsoft could partner on to create a game? I was thinking Heroes could be a good choice since Microsoft doesn’t really have anything in the superhero genre and would be cool to see a game adaption of the series.

Another suggestion could be Lost since it would be a good addition for a survival/mystery type of game. And while there was a game based off of Lost made by Ubisoft called “Via Domus” it wasn’t really that great and would be cool to see another take on the game.

1 Like

Yeah

Luckily the King of Kent finally put a stop to it

1 Like

I was thinking The Show Revolution would make a great game. Apocalyptic dystopian atmosphere no electricity unless you have one of the necklaces. Different factions and armies in the U.S. to fight or run from.

2 Likes

Ahhhh I loved this show!

1 Like

I haven’t watched that show but that does sound interesting and it could make a great game as well.

1 Like

I quite enjoyed Revolution as well. Especially the episode set in an abandoned amusement park… which was really actually abandoned in real life.

As excited as I am for these, how long after 2023 will it be until we get even more - another 4-5 years?

It’s why I would like to see Xbox pick up a few more studios which make these type of 3rd person narrative games such as: