Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

It’s easy to do, English is dumb lol.

7 Likes

Indeed, haha. Most languages are. My favourite is German grammar though, that is… something else.

1 Like

same :phil_lmao:

While I personally don’t care for what word is used, due to @Knottian disliking the term “banger”, I always refer to these games as a “blockbuster” which honestly, sounds better anyway.

As for Redfall, im still sticking with early 2023 for a few reasons - first, outside of the CGI trailer last June, we haven’t seen anything about the game including what’s most important - gameplay/combat/systems, etc.

Second, October is starting to get packed and November will be so eliminate these two months for Redfall. Won’t be December because majority will be playing Starfield so why send your game out to potentially die for no apparent reason?

Third, I can only see an August and maybe early September release but at the same time, Darktide is September as will be Deathloop so why release Redfall especially when Microsoft paid for Darktide to be a timed console exclusive and why spend that money only to potentially overshadow the game with your own?

Fourth, August is to me the most likely if it releases this year but we’re four months away and nothing thus far. Are they really going to do a 20 minute blowout and here you go? Nah. This only works for Starfield because it’s BGS and Howard with a massive reputation from Skyrim, Fallout, etc. In other words, Redfall needs a much longer marketing period up to release in my opinion.

Fifth, will it even be ready for August? I’m expecting it to have a campaign but also live service content post launch and I don’t want it releasing if they go barren for like 6 months. Now, if it’s expansions like The Witcher 3 for example, then an August release would be fine as long as the game itself is ready to go.

I’m expecting Deathloop in late September, Forza Motorsport in October and Starfield in November. Unless it’s ready for August, no real reason to release Redfall in my opinion especially depending on how early 2023 looks. I think Avowed is late Spring, like May. I can see Redfall being February 2023 which to me is better because it guarantees that the first half won’t be empty like it is this year and last year. Also, after holidays, people usually start looking for new games to play.

Finally, for me personally, im expecting a delay and early 2023 release for one simple reason - I don’t want to get hyped for it and then boom, delayed. I prefer thinking later than earlier because if it does release this year, I get a nice pleasant surprise that I wasn’t expecting.

2 Likes

Don’t care about the rest of the content (joking of course), I just liked it for the anti-banger callout. Seriously, “bangers” are delicious sausages according to my culture and nothing comes close to the perfection of eggs, tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, toast and some lightly-crisped bangers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh wow. I didn’t know that. Thought you just disliked the term. And that sounds delicious by the way.

1 Like

That food sounds banger tbh

1 Like

I mean… I do dislike the term, but I’m sure some it comes from cultural underpinnings lol.

1 Like

1 Like

What Xbox studio could be working on a game that would absolutely shock us if revealed? Im not taking about something we’ve heard a lot about like inXile, more like what could come out of absolutely no where and blow us away?

I understand the last point. As for the rest, while I also understand those, they wouldn’t stop Xbox. Technically, we all waited for Halo Campaign gameplay and it took up to late October. Where is it at? Out now. Not to mention, Forza series is known to announce their game and gameplay reveal within the same year of release. Why not another game.

Second, Halo stealth launch when BF2042 just released the early access and Forza Horizon 5 was out barely over a week. What will stop Xbox to launch in October? Not to mention, shouldn’t Xbox get their share? PS is carried by Forspoken, not sure on Nintendo, but the point is, Xbox has a room for themselves. Industry don’t care if it’s crowded. Money is money.

Third, if it release in September, it will release it. Doesn’t matter if they have another coming up. Xbox doesn’t have same mindset as yours or mine. It’s likely they will release whenever it is ready and if it happens to be on September, so be it.

Fourth, the best worst outcome would be a small delay.

Anything can happen. Will it be delayed to next year? Maybe, but some of you need to relax on delay to 2023 guaranteed, which is funny because GoWR sure seem guaranteed for 2022 for you guys yet Zelda with gameplay shown early as well got delayed to next year. Nothing is avoidable. Wait and see.

I hate the term “bangers” too. I twitch irl everytime I see someone use it unironically. It might be an irrational hatred, but it is real haha.

1 Like

We already know what most xbox studios are making except Coalition’s non Gears game so thats probably the only thing that can come out of no where and blow us away .

Think they meant biennial which many confuse with biannual

Would absolutely shock us is the game released without delay :joy:

I like to tell myself that English is not the odd one out of all the Germanic languages but German is lol.

1 Like

Xbox Game Studios needs better marketing material.

I don’t know the logistics on if marketing is in house or through external partners, but it just feels like a lot of Xbox marketing is non-existent outside of twitter, the exception being anything Halo or Minecraft related. They had a pretty good e3 2021, but there’s been a lack of talk from them since. We used to have Inside Xbox and Xbox XO but now that’s gone, sure Inside Xbox wasn’t great however it gave us something to somewhat look forward to and watch as a group.

Whenever Nintendo has a direct everyone gets in-tuned online it seems. Xbox 1st party doesn’t really have a mainstream fan-base outside of Halo, Forza and Fallout/Elder Scrolls, Minecraft (and soon Call of Duty). People want to tune in to events and see the hits, and ever since Halo Infinite dropped the only news we got was an Activision acquisition announcement which was great, but they’ve had to remain silent since.

Xbox IPs don’t hold a lot of value to the general public

right now a lot of their games are either in pre-production or in active development. They have 3 IPs Forza Horizon 5, Sea of Thieves and Halo Infinite as their mainstream games heavily associated with Xbox.

The really unique Xbox IPs that don’t follow trends such as Psychonauts 2 weren’t mainstream hits, a fantastic game that deserved so much more attention but sadly didn’t get much at all. Even the two Bethesda Softwork titles that were contractually obligated to be exclusive to PlayStation for a year barely made a splash. Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo have very small all-time peaks on steam, Ghostwire Tokyo having 14,082 and Deathloop having 20,050.

Regardless of Game Pass introducing games to new audiences, they still need to make IPs that get the mainstream audience excited if they want to fix the narrative. That’s just my personal take from discussing gaming in my IRL friend circle with a lot of people who are less invested in the hobby.

1 Like

German is pretty weird for a germanic language tbf. Nouns are gendered and you have to capitalize every single one.

3 Likes

Technically, we got Halo Infinite campaign gameplay in July 2020. It just wasn’t what majority were expecting, myself included. Forza is different though because you already know what you’re getting. Outside of the location, what is actually different? Because from what I have seen, FH 5 looks the same as FH 2 in regards to the open world structure and all the icons on the map. With Forza, you don’t need to see it a year in advance.

Halo stealth launch for MP was good because BF was a disaster and COD was underwhelming but look at it now, it’s the same shit being recycled over and over five months later. I don’t want that to happen with Redfall if it’s a daily/weekly/monthly live service game. PlayStation will be carried by Hogwarts Legacy (which isn’t getting delayed in my opinion) and COD MW 2. If anything, Sony doesn’t need anything especially when they will also have Gotham Knights and Jedi Fallen Order 2 as well. Forspoken is a wildcard. The multi-plats will carry PlayStation far more than Forspoken ever could.

Main reason why I think Redfall being delayed to 2023 is the better move because unlike the other Xbox games, it should have a longer marketing/hype cycle. Showing a 20 minute gameplay video and boom, here you go makes me think it will just flop completely as it will go under majority’s radar.

I never said Redfall being delayed to 2023 is guaranteed but over the last two years, I think delay for nearly every game because I don’t want to get hyped and be like, damn, it’s delayed.

I have said March 2023 for GOWR for two years. Also said March 2023 for BOTW 2 and once that Pokemon game received a release date for this Fall, BOTW 2 getting delayed was pretty much guaranteed.

All I can say is anything is possible. The weird irony would be Redfall coming this year without showing gameplay until likely Summer Fest while games that have shown gameplay gets delayed. Suicide Squad is another one as well. Yes, that one was out late, but the point is, gameplay shown or not, nothing is set on stone until it is said by themselves. We can think if it’s good or not later.