Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

Looks like it’s around Champaign, which is home to one of the top CS/Engineering schools in the US. So probably a decent engineering presence in the area.

1 Like

They want more genres of games coming to keep people subscribed. If you love Shooters, Western RPG’s, or racing games then you will always have something to play. But, what about JRPG’s, third person action games, platformers. If you want those your going to look elsewhere.

It’s in Champaign, which is in mid-Illinois. So about 2 hours from Chicago.

1 Like

I wonder if these UL studios are support or making something on their own

Without knowing it, sounds like a mobile game by Alpha Dog to me.

5 Likes

I think at first, no. They will just be support studios. But over time they could turn into their own studios making their own games

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a good location, and one that makes me happy to see. Volition (Saints Row) is also located in Champaign.

I’m okay with both.

But I’m MORE okay with it being a Dead Rising reboot. :eyes:

1 Like

New Studio Head used to run or be at Volition.

Can’t be a coincidence.

1 Like

I think Xbox is doing a good job of that and we’re seeing them continually scale up their offering. Compare last year’s content roadmap to this one. It’s night and day. Again, my point is not that Xbox shouldn’t continue to invest in first-party or should not spread their games out, but it’s unrealistic to expect first-party to do all of the heavy lifting.

Writing off Game Pass releases or exclusives because they don’t have the XGS branding is just dumb. It makes this conversation redundant. We all want a consistent stream of content and ignoring titles like Tunic, CrossfireX, Shredders, Darktide, Stalker 2, The Anacrusis, Warhammer 3, Weird West, etc. for an arbitrary reason doesn’t make sense when it all serves the same end goal.

It’s also home to the University of Illinois and about 2 1/2 hours from STL too.

1 Like

Everyone out here saying Compulsion is the dark horse studio but UL has 3 studios supposedly.

:chief_think:

Asking to Klobrille: as far you know are there other RTS in developement by Xbox (First party studios or third party) beside AOE4 and AOMde? Thank you.

Oxide games unannounced rts game

We will always have AA games like those. No shame in it, I like Indie Zelda’s like Tunic. Looking forward to playing Stalker 2. But is it too much to ask for atleast 1 dedicated first party studio to give us a AAA Banjoo or JRPG.

Maaaaybe Banjo, a jrpg? I cautiosly remember you the last one produced by Xbox was…Lost Odyssey…make your own conclusions. XD

1 Like

This guy lol

It’s not only history saying no, also in the rumours thread, only the Kojima thing is reported and we also know he is the most distant game creator to jrpgs that you can find in Japan. XD

Hi Klob

did you make the below?, is there an updated version??

Watch out you’ve just made half the forum recoil in disgust saying something like that :sweat_smile:

1 Like