Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

“They say the wonder is not that the field of stars is so vast but that we have measured it. You’re part of constellation now, part of our family. What you’ve found, it’s the key to unlocking……everything.”

1 Like

Fk that’s exactly what i want from a racing game, stopped playing FM and GT because of the typical 2-4 lap races that seem dumb to me and moved to Formula 1 with the training, quali and then race with the strategy with the tyres, box etc.

What i did read about next FM, being focused on the endurance races, with a real addition of boxes, quali etc sounds exactly what the “simulator” racing games need, not these pointless 2 lap races, that’s why next Formula 1 with the new cars and this FM are 2 of my most wanted games for this year (not even close to Baldurs and Starfield, games like these appear once every 4-5 years sadly).

1 Like

I mean, Forza Motorsport is a classic racing game. No one says you, personally, need to be interested in it, but I think it shouldn’t be hard to realise, historically, how racing games have been successful and important for a platform/ecosystem. The Forza brand today is stronger than it has ever been. With the gift of additional development time Turn10 has received, I totally expect Forza Motorsport to continue this story. Racing games have also proven to be visual benchmarks for a platform in the past.

16 Likes

^IHRA Drag Racing reboot or we all cancel game pass

I cannot wait for Forza Motorsport. There’s just something about racing sims that make them stand out better than arcade racers.

I really hope they push the Xbox Series X to its limit with FM, both visually and in terms of mechanics.

I am more interested in Forza motorsport than horizon. I have a wheel though and that makes sim games way more fun than arcade ones.

Same here. While it was great when the first one came out, because it showed GT how these games can also be fun, lol, it didn’t manage to keep my interested for 6 or so more of those games.

1 Like

I swear if it turns out that @Hindle is Phil’s throwaway account to interact with us “normies” I’m going to lose my shit.

That last sentence is probably reason enough to look forward to seeing it I suppose. It’s like I said in follow up posts, it might be a great title to show off the capabilities of the console.

People seem very eager to jump on my post, but it was just an honest thought about how I see it as very niche but how it may not be treated as such by everyone, and if I had perhaps misunderstood it.

That’s a new office for inXile in New Orleans, isn’t it?

? They moved to a new building a while ago.

Thought the new building was in cali

I can see that, immersion is key as always. :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/1305577140730040320?t=JwGJWHfyHVSa4aR-sEX31g&s=19

Idk Im thinking of this one

3 Likes

:eyes: Vault :eyes:

Yeah I’m not sure where that is, but either way, if they got a location in New Orleans that’s exciting. I think there’s another studio for XGS that setup that (maybe Undead?). Get a hub going down there.

Starting to build out in the southern US between that and their presence in Texas.

InXile NOLA has been open since 2015

6 Likes

It’s totally the point. Xbox needs to get out a number of first-party titles per year, but that doesn’t nullify their Game Pass deals and non-XGS exclusives. I see people talking about an H1 drought because of the lack of XGS titles. That isn’t logical nor reasonable, it’s just fetishizing first-party above all else for the arbitrary reason of branding.

2 Likes

Do we know how many Xbox sold until the december 31th?

In some country things are not going well.

I know Xbox Is more interested to subscriptions but a Better presencd would be good in anyway.

I disagree, considering also 3rd party deals for GP are usually not of the same scale, far from it. Also this is the XGS thread, no? We are discussing about the need of a bigger 1st party output to offset some 3rd party issues Xbox has concerning getting big games day one, which are the deal.

MS efforts outside anglosphere are still abysmal guys, you only need to live outside the VIP zone to know it.

1 Like