Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

They’re already being used.

By all devs?

Can’t know but we already know they are being used by some, especially for open world games. UE5 promises to cut down on some workflows. Houdini is a great tool there too and is used a lot as I understand, still no implication dev cycles are getting any shorter though.

Good stuff.

One interesting bit is this

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1491100519003471873?s=20&t=h1F1gnmR0d9SW20uoRlKoQ

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1491100766068940800?s=20&t=h1F1gnmR0d9SW20uoRlKoQ

First…Skyrim was not his game then? I don’t really get this. Second, if they want this to be his most played game… skipping PS (as much as I understand them doing this) is not going to help. It doesn’t really seem to go into detail on that.

2 Likes

Skyrim is his game, I think Stephen is trying to say “Starfield being played more than Skyrim is the goal”

3 Likes

11 Likes
  1. He directed it, he’s just saying Todd and his team made it so the goal is be even bigger than Skyrim

2. Because the eco system is the goal, putting it on playstation doesnt help with that, they want to reach as many people as possible, as long as it’s within their platforms

1 Like

Even skipping the PlayStation and cutting the old-gen base, Starfield will likely be Bethesda’s biggest release (by number of players). The game will feature Steam, PC Game Pass and I believe it will make many Xbox One players play over the cloud. That’s why I see a number of subscribers to the service skyrocket in this period.

6 Likes

That’s true. It’s going to be really interesting down the road.

“You and I grew up at a time where Blizzard was almost as synonymous as Pixar in terms of quality. That’s where I aspire those brands to get to get to, and I’d love the opportunity to go work with creative teams to make that possible”

If Phil manages to bring Blizzard back to their glory, it will be an integral part of his legacy.

7 Likes

Steam alone is FAR bigger than it was in 2011, along with gaming in general, gamepass alone will help bring in far more people than putting it on playstation would

Lets put it this way, Horizon 5 has hit almost 20 million players in 2 months, if xbox released H5 on playstation but gamepass wasn’t a thing, would it even come close to those numbers? Not a chance, not even half of that

6 Likes

Phil absolutely want to see GP on PS and Switch, it will have the games made by their publishers they acquired.

XGS studios games is remain to be seen.

what stopping this now is Sony and Nintendo

What to expect from Hellblade 2

"The goal with Hellblade 2 isn’t to perfect it, but to create an experience that feels more believable and more refined. Its ambition in terms of scale is bigger. I think Hellblade 2 will make Hellblade look like an indie game.”

I want this game now

Above quote from this article

“Hellblade was a tangent, so we’ll just continue going off on tangents and doing things that other people don’t think of or can’t risk doing. We’re part of a big organisation now, so I think we are almost obliged to take chances that no one else has the privilege of taking. The technology and lessons of games are really valuable and rich and important, it’s so far advanced from the expectations of people outside of games.”

10 Likes

Demand for the cutting edge, and covid is why.

I’m talking even before COVID

4 Likes

Hmmm

I Imagine most of them are DLCs

people are still hungry for MMORPGs, Riot LOL MMORPG could be big game, which is why MS should consider Making WOW 2 or reboot WOW. they need fresh start with better gameplay.

2 Likes

Probably ESO stuff

2 Likes