Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

MS problem didn’t invest more in AAA games back in 2017/2018, as for result their console launch was weak and H1 was dry of 2021, and this year H1 could be repeat of last year with no AAA game in sight from MS.

Probably would have had to be 2015 to make the 2020 launch. So yeah, definitely too late.

2 Likes

I think what we are seeing is the result of going through the Xbox One era. A lot of people are super wary of anything that reminds them even slightly of that and doesn’t trust things to be ok yet.

3 Likes

In a sense they didn’t survive, it has led to the perpetual meltdowns that exist here causing such a large percentage of the conversations to be about negative things.

1 Like

Right now its time for backlog time.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition should hold a lot of people over for the time being, and there’s a whole bunch of Halo Infinite to play. January through June is an empty release time for Xbox but that doesn’t mean we won’t get games. There is always the chance that Grounded releases in the next few months.

There is also most likely going to be a new Forza Horizon DLC soon which usually calls for a pretty eventful release.

PG usually takes 8 months to release expansion so i’m not expecting in H1 of this year.

ouch, didn’t realize it usually takes 8 months. We’ll see some Halo infinite seasonal updates later on during h1 I presume?

There’s supposed to me a new Elder Scrolls Online expansion dropping, I wish the expansions were part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. It would make for a really solid subscription.

1 Like

depends on the scale of AAA game, right now most of XGS are RPG open world games they are taking more time to finish it, if they funded more linear game it could have hit launch or H1.

1 Like

A quake reboot would be sick, I hope it gets announced at E3

Hard to believe there could be much negativity surrounding Xbox at this moment. They’ve been hitting it out of the park consistently of late. GP is the gift that keeps on giving and first party output has been exceptional (speaking of quality not quantity). Seems like all you could want. Biggest thing to ponder in regards to Xbox right now is how things could get even better by them doing XYZ, the status quo is in a great place already, IMO.

5 Likes

agreed. I really haven’t seen much negativity around Xbox discussion, it sorta ended during 2021 after that jam packed e3 showcase. I’d say it was around August of last year when I stopped seeing people dunk on the Xbox. Aside from a few losers on Twitter who console war the landscape has changed for Xbox.

1 Like

Not true. The first expansion for FH4 launched not even 3 months after release of the game, the second one 9 months after the release of the game.

I was/am expecting the first expansion to hit very soon.

3 Likes

wasn’t lego released in june ?

Yes, that was the second expansion.

• Forza Horizon 4 releases Oct 2018

• Exp 1: Fortune Island released Dec 2018

• Exp 2: LEGO Speed Champions released June 2019.

1 Like

It’s so nutty to think that Xbox announced their intent to acquire Zenimax a day before Xbox console preorders. What a was to stir up hype and chaos.

1 Like

ahhh ok mb, although i think it’s time for first expansion if it’s indeed 3 months. we need showcase to announce it :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Really don’t know why people are getting down and gloomy, if the coveted list is to be believed the next 6 months will be the last true dry spell for xbox for the net 3 - 4 years.

Xbox one should have trained us all for spells like this, and i’m sorry but we’re panicking because of the games from the competition? A sequel that was initally targeting last fall finally coming out and “maybe” a sequel to GOW in the fall (unless delay) Unless i’ve missed a few updates these are the only confirmed 1st party games from SONY this year (do feel free to correct me though).

1 Like

It’ll most likely be announced on a Forza livestream and shared to social media accounts. It’s a pretty good way to announce things. Rather than build uneasy anticipation for a “blowout press conference” they should probably ease up on the Inside Xbox streams, all they did was cause frustration among viewers.

It’s one of those things I’m sorta relieved Xbox is slowing down on.

1 Like

Yeah, we should get it very soon if they follow the same pattern. With Covid we can add a little bit of time, but not that much I don’t think.

This is how FH4 was (in case you missed my edit):

• Forza Horizon 4 releases Oct 2018

• Exp 1: Fortune Island released Dec 2018

• Exp 2: LEGO Speed Champions released June 2019.

1 Like

Well i choose the positive outlook route and have been more than happy with the direction xbox is headed and am extremely pumped and excited to see its future.

2 Likes