Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

?

1 Like

Yea I think you need the other ERA bud, “games for people with no friends” is more a playstation trope, That and fake vertical slices NOT representative of the final game, thats 2 years away, that little boys n girls can get moist over.

I think I was reading some talk on the thread that Xbox doesn’t have enough first party games releasing this year and that’s just false.

im sorry but i didnt understand anything u just said

This thread getting embarrassing fast

4 Likes

I understand people wanting to see games more often, but everything comes with trade offs. When the games are already further out that we want them to be, my preference is that they put every resource they have towards completing the game. Even if it means I don’t see it until 6-12 months before release.

11 Likes

For starters, no matter how much you may want to pretend otherwise, Bethesda/Zenimax is Xbox at this point. All their projects have received internal support (including Deathloop) and are functionally no different than something from Obsidian or Double Fine. Nearly every Xbox studio has at least one new project in pre-production/production. Also… what if I told you that acquisitions occur because a publisher wants more products in their pipeline.

Finally, to assume that Xbox’s other studios “don’t have anything” when we know Grounded is near final release, Obsidian has Avowed, Turn 10 is finalizing work on FM, etc. is such an argument of omission I really don’t know what to tell you. Xbox has released more games the last two years than it had the two years prior, and than its competition. Some of you need to step outside or stop living in whatever negativity bubble you do.

For someone claiming to know about game development, may I remind you that for the majority of the world (developers and game dev included) there’s been nothing normal about the last two years. I’m not sure how many articles, interviews, or dev tweets it will take to make people understand how much COVID/WFH has slowed and changed development.

10 Likes

I hope Xbox addresses this Monday with redfall.

Reminder folks, leave the console warring and antagonism/personal attacks at the door.

Also, the flag function is there for you all to use. If you’re seeing personal attacks, trolling, or things you consider “embarrassing”, you have the tools that allow us mods to review and open a dialog where necessary.

9 Likes

Is there something special about Monday?

1 Like

I think he wants MS to waste its time answering rumors.

4 Likes

I think everybody needs to calm down with this Redflall speculation. Microsoft marketing style usually doesn’t have them dropping info on game throughout it’s cycle and they usually showcase stuff closer to release. It’s only January and we have like 6 months to go for E3, which we will probably hear more about the game.

7 Likes

Yeah, and I think Bethesda’s marketing is even more like that, with full reveals at E3 and retail releases just months later.

That’s why I’m not really worried, this is normal for the folks involved. Nobody panicked that we didn’t know anything about Horizon until just months before release. Why be so worried now.

2 Likes

Sometimes i wonder how some folks survived the xbox one era. Must have been through the roof for basically the entire generation. First party output is steadily rising and will get insane soon enough.

7 Likes

I think I phrased it wrong this morning. I meant to say that the Bethesda side has a lot of projects releasing this year however I don’t expect much from the other XGS this year.

First thing I did this morning was reached for my phone to check XGS. Mistyped a few things.

I meant to say that the Bethesda Softworks side of XGS has a lot of stuff this year. I think my comment came off sound a bit negative. I was trying to say their new studios from Bethesdas side have a lot to show this year.

As for FM and Grounded that’s also rumored to be this year right?

Reach for water after a night of Jackbox party pack and drinking people.

1 Like

Everytime an Xbox game is delayed a game gets its gamepass wings.

4 Likes

After all that has been said last year by several insiders and leakers and also Obsidian…yeah it would be surprising to say the least if it’s a total no show this year. Last year Avellone claimed things weren’t going too well, but he’s also very known for just hating anything Obsidian. Besides we had actual sources with a track record stating the exact opposite.

I need to get back to Ori eventually, both are really good games.

We also have Jez, who has actual video that made him even more excited about the game

hakuna matata GIF

1 Like

wow are people really that offended about what i said that a moderator has to tell me to stfu ? my god , during ur conversation in real life with ur friends if they dont agree with you ur gonna shut them up too ?