Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

arcade machines stores haha it still around in asia and bandai have this kind of business

Well, then I’m not glad to hear that. But he said unusual source? Really hope that source is wrong, otherwise it’ll only be Starfield from XGS to look forward to this year.

Well, depending on how many months the possible delay would be.

Arc System developing KI will be a shocking twist, next to Persona and I guess FF on Xbox.

The devs that worked on Smash Bros.

2 Likes

It’s only January. I’m not expecting Redfall to be delayed but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was. There’s too much uncertainty nowadays which is why all publishers are better off not putting a release date or release window on their games whatsoever unless they’re 100% confident that they can hit the date. I’m surprised they even put Summer 2022 at the end of Redfall’s trailer considering it was CGI.

There will other stuff. There almost always is. If Redfall doesn’t release in August/September, then my guess is Q1 2023. Just have to wait and see. It’s only mid-January. Way too early to know either way.

2 Likes

I think Killer Instinct and the Bandai rumours deserve their own thread. So, any further discussion on that topic: What’s the deal with Killer Instinct? Bandai Namco may be involved in a Killer Instinct sequel - Gaming - XboxEra

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get that either. You’d think they are pretty sure about hitting that release date. Arkane usually doesn’t announce a release date when a game is announced for the first time.

The one game I have very little worries about getting a delay is Starfield. Todd said to the media he wouldn’t have announced the date if he wasn’t pretty sure and he talked to IGN and said basically the same thing.

I have no worries about Starfield. You don’t announce a release date 18 months out if you’re not 100% positive that you will nail that date.

3 Likes

It’s not just the netcode that makes it so smooth of an online experience. It also runs at 90FPS internally to maintain smoothness (even in lag). Hopefully, whoever makes it keeps that in mind.

1 Like

Wait? Who the hell would say such a thing? And how exactly would big AAA games be impossible on gamepass? Lol

It’s not legal.

4 Likes

The whole “not sustainable” nonsense back then. Probably still goes around on some other sites, lol.

1 Like

The more subs Game Pass gets, the bigger the games will be. Mass Effect and Hitman in the same month is huge and that’s just to start the year.

13 Likes

I dont wanna get all technical but Mass Effect was gonna go to the EA Vault anyway independent of GP in the coming months lol which is how it ends up on GP. Same with Madden in like 2 months and fifa in 4.

Curiously xbox seems to be handling those additions more than EA lol.

1 Like

Yes, and you also need Ultimate for ME. (on console)

1 Like

Guess those ppl never heard of MULTIPLE teams within a studio lol. Obsidian and Ninja Theory being good examples. Lol

I know, that’s why I mentioned online gaming standards as a general thing that Japanese fighting game devs haven’t been as used to, due to arcades thing still being a prevalent market in Japan. There was an article about how key people at ArcSys until only a few years back had some pretty derogatory and stupid ideas about the Western fighting game market and audience, and how multiple factors contributed to a lot of these Japanese fighter devs taking a while to get better online functionality.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha :+1:. Yeah, certain Japanese devs still have a few… archaic viewpoints.

1 Like

So how much would KI’s style change if Bandai really does make the game? Would they completely redesign the characters or even op for a more anime style for it?

1 Like

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/211141-dragon-ball-fighterz/76389672

The source article no longer seems to work but somebody on GameFAQs had paraphrased it. And tbh this might be translated, so maybe not be exact words but it was still interesting.

Here are some quotes in the actual article:

“With that in mind, the controls are much easier than in some of our past titles. You may have seen, at EVO last year, that in the finals, all the finalists were Japanese. We don’t want that. We want a global audience to have fun. We want to see more foreign players in competition. With that in mind, we kind of reset everything and re-created the controls so everyone can have fun.”

"GamesBeat: Do you feel that there’s a way to design controls with Japanese players in mind that Western players may not quite grasp?

Mori: I feel that controls are something that everybody can understand regardless of nationality. But I just wanted to make it easier and bring down that hurdle.

At the same time, I feel like dexterity … Japanese players may be better at that. In my mind, games like Smash Bros. are where Westerners are much better than Japanese … that kind of game you jam buttons a lot, right?"

:skull:

Sure more accessibility and lower barrier of entry are very good things to pursue, but tying that to nationality is kinda weird lol.

So just imagine if this kinda mentality is engrained at a level like this, what other things might be informed by said mentality too

Might be a reach but why not extrapolate that to “Why even care about releasing on Xbox if the west is simply too dumb and scrubby to play our games”. Sure that might not be the biggest driver of motivation, but it can contribute to it, especially if the platform already isn’t as popular for your kinda games.

2 Likes