Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

Antoniades should do this stuff and let Tucker direct an action game. I am not sure they could support two projects at the same time (at least for now) but if they grow the studio hopefully they’ll branch off a little more from the cinematic experience angle and give chances to talented people like Tucker.

Also a 1st party action game wouldn’t be a bad idea, the genre is getting less and less big budget games even considering multiplatform offerings so it could be a good idea.

hellblade isnt the game that focuses too much on the combat , from what ive seen its gonna play exactly like the 1st one , which isnt a bad thing

Thats not what everything surrounding it indicates.

2 Likes

maybe ur right , i hope we will see more at e3

Rewatching the Indiana Jones movies, still great, timeless really.

Hoping that we learn some actual details on the game this year. I don’t expect any trailers or anything, but just some details. What can we expect it to be like? Will it be similar to something like The Emperor’s Tomb? A game I finished last year and had tons of fun with, especially the hand to hand combat, being able to pick up chairs, tables etc and use as weapon. This is a action adventure.

Or will it be more like Wolfenstein, but with hand to hand combat, whip action etc? Plenty of questions and we have no idea.

It’s a shame that Indy game with the euphoria physics never saw the light of day. That footage was great.

1 Like

You’ll have 4 weeks to vote for your Game of the Year!

2 Likes

They aren’t first party, but content updates for games like Fortnite, Destiny, Final Fantasy are pretty big deals. No reason that can’t extend to first party games like Halo Infinite.

I mean sure but those events are followed by big expansions, “stories” and all that.

Idk if 3 maps and infection are a big deal in s2. I do think by end of year we may get some actual big expansion tho

2 Likes

any chance it will be 3rd person considering that machine has done only 1st person games ?

Making Indiana Jones 1st person will be a mistake .

1 Like

Hope it happens for the chaos

Just an agent of madness here

1 Like

yeah climbing in 1st person games feels so weird , i remember the platforming in doom eternal , it was not a good experience

1 Like

lol . It would hurt me but anything for chaos

Donald Glover Pizza GIF

First to third person isnt the monumental change people seem to think it is

Its just a camera change perspective, IJ might be first person but if it is it wont be because they’ve only made fps games

That’s honestly the main thing I want to know too. If they confirm it to be third person I’ll do a sigh of relief, because something like Indy needs to be third person. It would completely fill that gap of not having a epic third person action adventure similar to Tomb Raider and Uncharted too.

But I’m not willing to bet on it. The studio is solely known for first person. But we’ve had GG as well, started with Killzone and then made Shellshock which was third person if I’m not mistaken, then they made more Killzone until they got to Horizon ZD.

We’ll have to wait and see. It really all depends on their vision and if it does end up first person, I have no doubt they’ll make it work. But in my opinion Emperor’s Tomb, the Tomb Raider and Uncharted games are proof that third person just works. It’s definitely possible MG want to show that it can absolutely be done with FP only too.

Plenty of time for me to get through Biomutant which will complete my top 10 of 2021!!!

Of course it is. It’s not just a camera angle, it is literally the difference between seeing your character or not.

2 Likes

You should be banned for life off all Microsoft services and this forum for that mistake

I was going through some old magazines the other day, and they used the refer to it as “X-box”. hah

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

1 Like