Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

It’s just based on what we’ve seen with most other games. MP is just more supported and has that longevity.

You’re right, DLC generates much less engagement. And that’s probably the reason the majority of SP games don’t get more expansion support past 2-3 years, and turn to make sequels.

Maybe Game Pass changes that, yeah. But we still don’t have an idea how Infinite’s expansions will be monetized or not. Could they be free at least at first? Or paid, but on Game Pass, or paid but on Ultimate? We can only guess.

The fact that forge will have support for custom scripts gives halo the potential for Skyrim levels of modding. I’m hopeful for some very creative custom stories.

1 Like

Dave Chappelle Freedom GIF

(I hope)

Games as a service outside of mmorpgs are still relatively new. It would be unfounded to say a single player shooter can’t be supported for 10 years. How would you know? We haven’t tried. And if any shooter franchise could remain relevant for 10 years, it’s Halo.

My personal speculation is the 1st one or two would be free.

They might need to get creative and see if they can market them as standalone games (and even appear that way in the store).

Need Jenga BACK.

Here we go again

1 Like

I thought it would be more like a new game than a DLC, with more variation and experimentations along the way.

Now that the campaign is separate, and that they don’t have to think about reinventing MP or forge for a while, and with the new engine hard work mostly done, the next campaigns should be easier on them, and they might stand on the same ground Staten mentioned when talking about making ODST.

“Sony studio loses dev this is fine it happen all the time”

“MS studio loses dev OMG WHAT IS HAPPENING OVER THERE”

You need to calm down wait and see how the gameplay is first before going to doom and gloom

7 Likes

Probably going back to Santa Monica again. I imagine they are full steam ahead on pre-production of whatever follows GOW Ragnarok.

In any case, if the design of Perfect Dark is done, and it’s mainly down to Crystal Dynamics to execute, it’s the perfect time to change things up with a new gig.

Oh no I’m concerned, making a YouTube video on it now.

If you’re so exasperated by posts like that, maybe don’t reply to them 3 hours later when the discussion has clearly moved on?

2 Likes

Drew joined from Insomniac, what happened to the studio?

This guy joined from Santa Monica, are they doomed?

Drew said that he left to to focus on his family, maybe because his brother died shortly before that.

This guy was under him and naturally took over, it’s not like he joined to replace him and then left months after that.

Things could be going great for The Initiative or could be not. But a couple of people moving definitely doesn’t mean anything without context to support it.

Let alone that they just managed to secure Crystal Dyanmics to work with them!

1 Like

Lemme change the subject.

Two options:

• A - Perfect Dark gets a 2023 release and uses UE4
  • B - Perfect Dark gets a 2024 release and uses UE5

What are y’all choosing? I go back and forth myself.

A but 2024

1 Like

Stalker coming out Q1 2022 using UE 5 so all these 2023+ games need to use it lol

Not the question, brah.

Per Grubb, Perfect Dark is slated for a 2023 release. I believe that makes sense with the game entering full production.

So which you picking?

I SUMMON @Hindle

3 Likes

C - 2027 using UE 5.5