Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Killer News Here!?

Except the graphics lol

I would not take that so literally.

10 years of support, yes, with substantial updates over the first couple of years, I’m sure, but that’ll eventually wind down to patches and small content updates focused primarily on stability, cosmetics and monetisation.

This is my same thinking, Gears won’t be alone anymore within Xbox line-up, so it wouldn’t suffer from impossible expectations.

I thought the same.

Campaign DLC with new vehicles and weapons is the way to go.

Why is this flag ?

Has its own dedicated thread.

1 Like

That makes sense. Thank you.

I hope they don’t go bigger in scope and size for Infinite’s campaign DLC, I want similar scope but with more tools and exploration opportunities, and obviously different biomes, aesthetic and architecture.

1 Like

10 year plan is definitely exaggerated. I do expect it to last the entire generation with campaign expansions. Can’t see it carrying too far into next gen though.

Along the same note, if they treat it like an MMO they could actually let it ride for 10 years.

Going to be crazy! Really hoping we get a story dlc every year and a half. Would build on the universe like crazy!

1 Like

I agree with @DARK-PARADISE I dont want scale to be the only highlight of dlc lol.

2 Likes

It needs to do much more than it currently does to sustain for that long and be a juggernaut.

• More base modes, dedicated playlists, perhaps custom playlists.

• A deep Forge component. Fix custom games and add a custom games browser. Forge could even be so deep it can support creators and have a marketplace.

• Add completely new modes to Halo that are different in core, those will bring people in who aren’t interested in Halo and legacy FPS modes. Mainly Battle Royale, and perhaps something else that they figure out. Perhaps a co-op, looter shooter component.

That is for multiplayer.

For campaign, annual 1-2 story DLCs with both continuous story and also side/standalone stories in the Halo universe. Supporting a campaign for 10 years is probably not possible and hasn’t been done, so I expect campaign to not actually be “Infinite”.

I don’t play MMORPG, but people are raving about FF14 over 10 years after release. Why wouldn’t similar expansions work here?

I get the feeling (not based on any story stuff) that some future expansions will focus on your MP character, not chief. Can’t think of any other reason for the vehicle customization (or perhaps some other new mode I guess) since that isn’t used in MP.

1 Like

Halo campaign isn’t an MMO. It’s single-player, optional co-op.

That didn’t really answer anything

Supporting a campaign for 10 years is probably not possible and hasn’t been done

Do you have examples of Story-driven SP/Co-op games that were supported for that long? Maybe Infinite does it but I’m just going off what we’ve seen. The games with that much longevity and content support are almost always online/MMO games. The exception is Skyrim so there’s that.

Admins need to revisit the flagging feature on this forum.

What are y’all flagging 3 hour old posts for? That shit is aggravating.

Nope, but I don’t think any have really tried. Perhaps MP is part of the nature of GaaS since it keeps people engaged.

I don’t think there is anything that prevents sizeable campaign add ons though.

1 Like

A main limitation of that isn’t some inability to support it that long, it’s because they will still be be building on the current foundation, which could eventually get old and not sustain any more expansion possibilities

That doesn’t seem to impact the MMO though. It kinda seems like the line here is MP or not, which might be arbitrary.

I think it might be bad business because DLC ha slow attach rate and MMO get by via subscription models. Maybe Game Pass changes that?

1 Like