Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Thank you so much bro. It really gave me a smile and I cannot thank you enough. I thought a small country like mine would have lackluster graphics but the mountain range and foliage are as accurate as can be.

Once again, much appreciated. You the bomb.com

5 Likes

You do know songs can be streamed from a CD which is slower than the old hard drives of last gen? You don’t need an SSD for that lol. Like I said, it’s how many songs the developer wants to put in the game. There has been no meaningful hardware limitation that prevents how big a soundtrack is ever since last generation with the move to games having to be installed on a hard drive and games coming on Blurays.

1 Like

My goodness FH5 is gorgeous to the max! And that Hellblade XSX enhancedment today was the cherry on top. MS keeps pumping out so many great new updates and news for us :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Amount of storage, not speed of storage. I’m assuming in the one case you gave, they could only fit so many songs on an Xbox 360 DVD. There is no CPU limitation here.

14.99 for Doom Eternal DLC Pass including The Ancient Gods is a damn steal.

1 Like

The sound difference is major. And shockingly the graphical one too. It really dawned on me side to side. Textures, lighting, density of foliage and the unity between vehicles and environment are far improved in 5. And 4 is still a stunner, but hit a graphical peak with it Horizon did not, which is crazy really. All that extra detail and size. Playground are beyond amazing.

4 Likes

Yeah it has more detail and depth. Even the train sounds will be Dolby Atmos 3D audio. So the overall audio of this game will be miles ahead.

I am kinda curious what prevented from getting the proper sound in the previous entries from the serious. I think people always complained about that and compared to GT

Probably time. Maybe they already wanted to go for 3 years shift, but they had to fit into 2 already and then they had greenlight for 3 years for next game, because of COVID and because this franchise just need to have longer development process.

Another thing is that Playground Games probably wanted to try new season system which was moved to Forza Horizon 5 with additional changes in scripts, like winter which won’t be everywhere and only in specific places.

Forza Motorsport 7 is only ten bucks now via Game Pass. I might do this, I’m not a super big FM fan but still I might play it sometime and the HDR is a showcase for the TV too.

Holy crap

Having this game stuck isometric is a sin, a first person mode for pc/series would be amazing

11 Likes

I knew the acquisition of Double Fine by Microsoft meant Psychonauts 2 would be bigger, but I didn’t know that previously cut content like boss fights and stuff got put back in because of the acquisition.

Awesome! It really is great news for everybody.

2 Likes

Yes, and it was mentioned whenever people started moaning about why the game was taking so long and trying to assert that it was evidence of bad management at Xbox.

The acquisition should enable that we all play a better game than what we would have gotten if the acquisition never happened.

8 Likes

This is fucking awesome. It’s crazy how detailed those shop items are that you barely see with the isometric camera, these devs went for the tiniest of details eh. Yeah , a first person option would be awesome.

The only bad news is for people with only a PS console, because on PS5 it’s basically the PS4 game but that’s really all on Sony, nobody else.

Yes. It was mentioned in the interview for GamesIndustry.biz in July 2020.

[Matt] Booty explains that what Microsoft is focused on is helping these studios take their next step, whatever that maybe. Some might want to become bigger outfits, whereas others have more specific goals.

“With Psychonauts 2, we could see the end of our budget coming up, and so we had cut a lot of stuff,” [Tim] Schafer explains. “We had cut our boss fights. Now we are able to put those back in, and we’re like ‘we think people would have noticed if we didn’t have those boss fights’. Being able to complete the game in the way that it was meant to be was very important.”

“I’m looking forward to doing things for the right reasons. When you only have a certain amount of time and money, you might jump into a part of the game that you’re not ready to jump into, or start working on art before you’re ready with design. But now I look forward to this era where we are doing everything for what is right for the game.”

3 Likes

That looks great but I skimmed through the video. Is there any actual combat in that perspective or is it just to check out the world and characters?

And this is one of the many reasons why it’s great to own both current generation consoles.

1 Like

They’re doing the thing again!

6 Likes

If the leaker is right, it could be end of August, beginning of September.

1 Like

I’m assuming if you already did everything to get in to the last one, you don’t have to do anything this time?

Yeah sounds about right.

I noticed the other day when you go into the xbox insider app you should be still in the flight as a active program thingy like you can manage your enrollment so I’m assuming we’re in all future flights, just a hunch. If you didn’t get in you’ll probably go through what we did last time.