Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Acording to activision durring their earnings call a couple days ago it has a campaign, co-op, and multiplayer. It’s ww2 and crossgen.

There’s been tons of rumors of development issues. Activision has put almost all of their studios on call of duty now including games for bob who did crash bandicoot 4. They and other are now call of duty support studios. Lots of speculation that it wouldn’t release this year, but activision said in their earnings that it would release q4 this year. I imagine activision is crunching into oblivion.

This is why I think that if it’s out this year it’s no earlier than mid November, but activision will make sure to have it out before Black Friday. This COD is most likely going to be really ruff, worse than Cold War was.

Yea its full package for cod

Even if it needs to be delayed, it won’t be. COD is too big and people will still buy it day one. I don’t think they would want to give BF 2042 that much of a head start which is why I say late October for COD finished or not.

Or halo as well its looking like halo is making its big comeback based on the universal praise from the community

Agreed. I don’t believe that Halo Infinite will be delayed whatsoever. I’m 100% expecting to be playing it in November.

Yea they already have a 3 week release window its a foregone conclusion tbh

2 Likes

Don’t know if it has already been discussed but it seems that Brandon Adler is Game Director on The Outer Worlds 2 according to his Linkedin (it was just known that he was directing an unannounced project before TOW2 announcement).

Carrie Patel is also Game Director but her Linkedin still says “unannounced project” (I would assume that it’s not updated and that she is co-directing on Avowed or The Outer Worlds 2 maybe ? Or maybe it was just Peril on Gorgon as she was the Game Director of the DLC if I recall correctly).

No info about Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky (Directors of the first The Outer Worlds).

1 Like

Hmmm interesting

1 Like
3 Likes

Avowed and As Dusk Falls time baby!

So I’m thinking Redfall and Quake for Quakecon, Avowed and As Dusk Falls for Gamescom.

Logical, there is so much to talk about already, I am for one looking forward to it ! Parris is a great host !

2 Likes

And The Gunk! (and maybe CrossFire X, an update from Remedy would be nice)

Yes, that’s why we should have some updates on first-party from last year’s Xbox Games Showcase, like Avowed or As Dusk Falls.

1 Like

From the official press release from Xbox UK:

During the week you’ll see new updates and gameplay from many of our Xbox Game Studios alongside some of our third-party partners, including some of the incredible titles coming to Xbox this holiday, upcoming releases to our monthly subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, and much more.

2 Likes

It specifically says Xbox Game Studios titles. I guess that Bethesda is QuakeCon (and maybe Gamescom Opening Live for Deathloop).

You’ll get in-depth updates from some of our previously announced Xbox Game Studios titles alongside some of our third-party partners, including some of the incredible titles coming to Xbox this holiday, upcoming releases to our monthly subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, and much more.

Halo Infinite release date + singleplayer showcase and Forge.

Age of Empires 4 gameplay.

Forza Horizon 5 say hello and show a new feature.

Bright Memory Infinite, Scorn, Tunic, Crossfire X gameplay + release date.

Update on Backwards Compatibility.

New GamePass partner and new announcements.

Psychonauts final trailer and reminder : tomorrow.

Avowed gameplay.

You have your showcase :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is interesting that in this context they’re seperating Bethesda from Xbox, with Quakecon being around the corner.

E3 was all about how Bethesda is apart of Xbox, yet here we’re separating Xbox and Bethesda again, with Quakecon being it’s own thing (which has a long history) and this XGS themed stream from Gamescom.

Now it’s probably because there’s still Ghostwire and Deathloop still coming to PS5 along with the ESO updates, along with the new Doom Eternal updates, so probably better to focus on that for now until ALL the multiplatform stuff if out of the way.

But 2022, I wonder if Xbox goes all-in on Quakecon to have stuff like Starfield and Redfall that will be Xbox exclusive be apart of it, along with XGS titles mixed in.

1 Like

Sadly we cannot have in-person conferences anymore. Maybe the next year a possibility, but I really wish the shows in theatres to return.

Megatons, meltdowns, sweet lies.

Man, could you have IMAGINED that Bethesda announcement in 2020 at an E3 or X0 with a live audience? Brought out Pete and Todd for it?

Yeah, really lost opportunity. What what can we do? Let’s hope that something similar will happen but with live audience sometime in the future.