Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

Or Nintendo switching to Azure for their online infrastructure.

That has nothing to do with xbox.

1 Like

We know two things:

1. Phil and Xbox has approached Nintendo at least once, maybe twice about having GamePass and xCloud on Switch.
  2. Nintendo don’t want it.

Nick says it’s not a game, so unless Xbox is partnering with Nintendo to port games to PC, I can’t think of anything else it could be other than letting Rare games goes on N64 NSO emulation.

Because without Rare games, there’s like little to no point on having N64 NSO.

1 Like

It has with MS, but it could be anything really.

What Microsot Azure does with Nintendo is irrelevant to Xbox.

Eh I think you maybe right Prog.

1 Like

I didn’t say it was relevant to Xbox though.

That’s what it has to be, because very recently said that Nintendo don’t want it.

And now we know why, Nintendo’s trying their own hand at the subscription model with NSO.

Without Rare titles on N64, like WTF is there beside Mario 64, both Zelda games?

Like Rare makes up a huge chunk of the catalogue.

I mean I loved my N64, but looking back at this potential situation with Microsoft “lending” Nintendo some IP’s to allow for re-release just makes it more obvious how severely lacking the N64’s library was.

It had some AMAZING games, but once you removed Rare from the equation, it was like “Oh wow”.

N64 one of the more overrated nintendo consoles.

Don’t know if I entirely agree with that, but the 3rd party support was dire, and Nintendo having to go to Microsoft to get back a large chunk of it’s back catalogue sure is something.

Don’t really care for that Nintendo/MS thing. It will more than likely benefit the Nintendo users rather than Xbox users.

Tired Bored To Death GIF

10 Likes

The best part is that Nintendo probably won’t drop a tweet or press release that says “Thanks to our friends at Microsoft and Xbox” for making this happen.

Can’t even get that free PR win.

1 Like

You guys do realize it’s not actually the anniversary yet, right?

I’m talking about Xbox + Nintendo thingy probably being N64 games and the non recepticating relationships Microsoft seems to be building.

Don’t know what these other folks are talking about.

It’s business, MS is being paid for those games to go on that Nintendo service.

I still think it’s xCloud. these things change quickly. we’ll see. :slightly_smiling_face:

although my dream would be a partnership between XGS and Nintendo for the production of a new BK that would be released for Xbox, Game Pass, Switch and PC :stuck_out_tongue:.

I dont simply believe its xcloud because I refuse to believe xbox is that stupid.

1 Like

Sure, Cloud version for Switch.

Why is that stupid? If they put out a 5 dollar Cloud only Sub tier and put it on the Switch(and other devices that support it) their subs for that tier would be ridiculous. And Ultimate members have access anyway.

The issue is if Nintendo have their own plans for some of this stuff…knowing how long it took them to put Blutooth support for sWitch…I’d guess they haven’t got a fucking clue about any of this.

1 Like