Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

I hope I am wrong but I just didnt like WHF

1 Like

Why there is no Xbox/Xbox Game Studios logo when bootup Deathloop? Shouldn’t they show both Xbox and Bethesda logo?

Bethesda still functions entirely on its own for the most part. They handle the publishing and marketing themselves.

Why should they? That game has zero ties to xbox or microsoft right now by all intents and purposes irrelevant of the acquisition tbh.

I assume by next year we will probably see some xbox logo or something with the xbox version.

same reason the Quake Remastered one doesn’t. ZeniMax/Bethesda Softworks is a separate entity/brand under Microsoft

So Bethesda studios are not Xbox Game Studios right?

MAybe there isn’t a contract and MS wanted to recoup a ton of money from Steam and PS sales before putting it on PC gamepass say in 3 months time. That would also make sense. Either way we’ll see

not according to corporate branding, no. They are part of Microsoft’s xbox brand but its its own brand under the ZeniMax company. ZeniMax hasn’t dissolved.

@Klobrille explains it quite succinctly here:

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1436366847075667990?s=20

Because they are a Microsoft studio.

1 Like

They will be in time. I mean they’ve just been acquired theyre still bethesda. In 2-3 years time I’m pretty certain they’ll just dissolve into MGS.

They are part of xbox but not an XGS.

The Xbox Logo shouldn’t be anywhere near Deathloop right now. Its not even on Xbox nor Windows store. Yes MS own the studio now but why put their logo on a product now when its PS and Steam only? Makes 0 sense.

Having MS logo on stuff like Skyrim and FO76 does make sense because its out on everything and MS can market it that way.

2 Likes

Agreed

They just need to start calling all their games Xbox Originals like @Klobrille originally suggested. Throw that on everything first party and publishing.

7 Likes

An Xbox Game Studios Joint

just saw Tim Schafer retweet this

Sony didn’t just spend 7.5 billion on a massive 3rd party publisher, so of course they don’t have to question anything

To be fair. The exclusivity on Sony’s games that aren’t being made by 1st party studios will have questions…most likely because 90% of them will come out on Xbox. Games like FF16 I’m absolutely certain will come to Xbox. So will KOTOR. Theres not a chance in hell KOTOR is exclusive past 12 months. The fact that it says Launch Exclusive shows that.

The Bethesda questions are from Desperate Sony loyalists or biased Sony Journalists that want attention.

Its been 17 months and FF7R is nowhere to be seen besides Playstation.

1 Like

even Kojima is praising Deathloop lol

3 Likes