Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

AoE 2 was on PS2, it’s possible. I remember Jez speaking about the singular position AoE is within MS messagging on “play where you want etc…”.

1 Like

RTS is my favorite genre, if Microsoft wants to push a revival I’m all in for it.

I’m already delighted that we’re having AoE4 and Total War Warhammer 3 coming.

BRING MORE!

• Gears Tactics is not RTS
  • new game is a strategy/simulation game ( city-building ) and not RTS like AOE4
  • Microsoft wants to reach 2 billion gamers and this won’t happen if they only care about the xbox
  • strategy/simulation game has a huge audience
  • This type of game sells millions of copies and game pass pc needs special games
3 Likes

Yeah, it is very strange.

1 Like

Im sure they can but there’s other genres they’ve barely touched that they need to start delivering on that they’ve barely touched

In the last few years we’ve got Gears, AoE1/2/3 Definitive and soon AoE4 as well as game pass deals for others in the genre

Maybe im just tired of MS funding games that dont even come to their premiere platform, its annoying af, not to mention not getting games/genres we’ve been asking for years now, like Killer Instinct for example

3 Likes
11 Likes

Well, yes there are a lot of genres that needs attention but they are getting better all the time at plugging those holes. Shit takes time though, and Xbox first party needs to grow even more to adress this for Xbox Game Pass (which is the real premier platform btw). There is no reason not to have a first party games parity between console and PC though.

Psychonauts 2 & Deathloop will run you about $140 after taxes on Playstation. That’s almost a whole year of Gamepass for 2 games. I’ve played 8 games within the last month effectively for free. I’m like 4 classes above whatever first class is at this point.

10 Likes

they are most likely going to have over 30 studios and 50 or 60 teams “soon”. They can target almost every damned genre ever made and still cover them all.

5 Likes

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate should be called Xbox VIP menu.

Apparently we also missed the big news:

Psychonauts 2 and Sea of Thieves are on Trolli Candy.

5 Likes

This is hilarious :joy:.

Man it is scary to think how stacked Xbox studios are. Trying to pick top 5 and realizing who you have to have off.

I’d go Playground, Obsidian, Arkane, BGS, and Ninja Theory.

How stacked are you to leave studios like ID, Coalition, Machine, Double Fine out. This generation is going to be off the charts

1 Like

Also Halo and interestingly enough Destiny 2.

For me in terms of pure talent and potential it’s

Arkane Ninja Theory Playground Obsidian Bethesda Game Studios *Machine Games as honorable mention

I think 343 is underrated but they’ll need to put together a good campaign and MP for the haters to back off of them.

I wish I had some of that candy while I played through Psychonauts 2. Would be better yet if they named it after the in-game items, Dream Fluffs and Psi Pops.

1 Like
  1. Obsidian - Avowed team
  2. Obsidian - The Outer Worlds 2 team
  3. Obsidian - Josh Sawyers team
  4. Obsidian - Grounded team
  5. Ninja Theory
1 Like

Tom? Smh

1 Like

After Halo is done , where does the majority of the team go to? I assume a well deserved rest, but then? Surely they don’t need such a gigantic team on updates for the game now and then. Halo spin off?

They are so big that they could easily be split in two, maybe even three teams?

10 years of Halo, non-stop pvp seasons and new campaign content. You could add in things like spin-offs they direct and whatnot too, hopefully.

1 Like