Xbox Game Studios |OT6| But wait, there's MORE....studios

I’ve seen enough, Jesus PG are fucking wizards, it’s not even funny.

How insane is Fable going to look?

2 Likes

Playground games was one of the best acquisitions that Xbox ever made, they’re a fantastic studio.

7 Likes

Forza Horizon 5 isn’t even built on the newest iteration of Forza Tech…

Crazy. :smile:

10 Likes

Holy fuck!

Yeah but can you in good conscience play their Fable version knowing its a cash in using HZD success and that Microsoft gutted and closed down Lionhead? /s

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: The Making of “Alpha Point” - UE5 Technical Demo by The Coalition

Last good Lionhead good game was Fable 2, 10~ years before their closure, unfortunately they had it coming with their mismanagement, it was not only on MS.

Which games in development by XGS now are using UE5?

Hopefully we will something like this in new The Coalition’s IP this generation! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Officially we know about:

• Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
  • new AAA FPP RPG IP from inXile
  • future project(s) from The Coalition
2 Likes

Damn, that’s not many. On one hand I’d love to see more studios use it, but on the other hand ForzaTech ain’t NO joke for example.

Compulsion, aren’t they using UE? And Obsidian with Avowed?

Still on Unreal Engine 4.

1 Like

Hmmm, I see. But they could transition over to 5 before they finish, right?

I dont think They will if the game is like half a year out.

1 Like

We don’t even know what Compulsion’s game IS let alone when it launches.

It could be a 2023 game due to COVID delay.

Look on that from the other side. Unreal Engine 5 is still not officially available for everyone. They plan to release some early access for developers. Some studios, like The Coalition and Ninja Theory, probably are working on it much earlier than most of the companies. The Coalition itself said they’re in early access.

They started development on Alpha Point on UE4 in October and then moved to UE5 late November. Completed in early February in early UE5 built and upgraded to UE5 early access in May.

4 Likes

So Alpha Point is gonna be the Brute Force remake to get them to learn UE5 right?

:doge:

1 Like

IMO for their first AAA game with their own IP they are going to want everything air tight in terms of production. Even though they would probably be given time to switch if they wanted it, I expected that they want no issues in terms of delays or any other hiccups while learning UE5. If there is a sequel that is when they might switch, or maybe(unlikely IMO) with The Outer Worlds 2.

It’s cool just don’t compare it to Mario and you won’t be disappointed. It relies heavily on it’s time mechanics.

Xbox abandoned the IP years ago (in 2015?)

Surprised they returned to use the IP in marketing without renew.

1 Like