Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

ah yes i agree

can both be shown if ready yes i 100% agree

I’m sorry, but I hope Grubb is dead wrong with that thought. Prep something else, like what? Why of why would this be asked if the game IS ready to be shown? The expectation that there will be time to talk about Avowed in the future, why? Miss me with that. And if Obsidian is confident, the game is in great shape, let’s go! Let Obsidian shine, be proud of the things you got coming.

I’m getting myself worked up, I shouldn’t do that. But I just hope this is not the case, because with a mindset like that, will it be like “nah, Starfield is this year, we won’t release Avowed yet, even though it’s done.” or something like that?

5 Likes

If Obsidian has a gameplay trailer ready for Avowed, then they need to show it. Doesn’t matter if Starfield is on the showcase because guess what, with the hype it’s getting, it’s probably going to overshadow everything on the showcase including Halo Infinite yet we know that Halo Infinite will be shown so again, if gameplay is ready to be shown, they need to show it. Let’s go!!!

8 Likes

Like Id understand not showing Starfield-Outer Worlds together or TES-Avowed because then you do have some massive overlap.

Any other combination is fine.

2 Likes

I think the implication from Jeff was that Avowed is still a few years away.

That goes against what the people who have been commenting on Avowed are saying.

grubb replied to me on resetera, and his reason for it not being there is just speculation on his part, so could be any number of reasons

2 Likes

Yes, but even that is a stretch. It’s an E3 Showcase, I think we can process more than one game in the same genre.

1 Like

A trailer for full Grounded release or something? I seriously hope that won’t be the case, that’s really just extreme when the other option was to show a bad ass brand new AAA RPG.

Let’s not forget, Starfield no way will even have a deep dive here. It probably will be a trailer, so really how badly will it overshadow anything? Meh, we’ll see. Wonder if Grubb’s thoughts are just that or if it’s based on more. Not sure.

1 Like

Of course. This hold back cause of x, y and z reason is nonsense. Didnt stop Sony from showing Days Gone and TLOU2 together sometimes and those games if you didnt label them you would think they are from the same place.

2 Likes

If they don’t have a gameplay trailer ready, then it’s understandable but if they do have a gameplay trailer ready, I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t show it? And even if the gameplay trailer was “bad” then technically it’s not ready so it wouldn’t even matter.

One is fantasy RPG and the other is a Sci Fi RPG, so I don’t understand the logic how they impact each other

4 Likes

Anyway we are creeping into other non studio dialogue and I can feel a green message coming soon so lets move to the E3 thread.

Hmmm. Then in that part Sponger would be wrong or maybe the plan was to have it released next year, but things changed. That’s always a possibility. I guess that goes in line with showing games that will come out between now and late next year, like a Starfield. That would make Avowed a 2023 release.

Well, I’m glad af that soon all this speculation will be over and we shall know.

No Inside Infinite this month. It was supposed to be with the Halo Waypoint team. Not really a surprise that they moved it.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s the same weird reasoning of not being able to release games close to each other. I do not understand it. Especially since they release on Xbox Game Pass, so sales are not even a factor anymore.

Sorry, I had to do it /S

(I wish though
)

I think that Obsidian will show Grounded, maybe some deep dive to showcase it (I think that game has a great potential). Or maybe a cinematic and fun gameplay sequence like Sea of Thieves got at E3 2017.

Developers and updates have been quiet since a moment, they must be working and preparing for the full release.

But Avowed in addition of Grounded would be a nice surprise.

7 Likes

yeah i cant imagine a ready to go trailer will not be shown, so my guess is after the halo showing maybe the trailer is not in a polished enough state to show it off and do the team justice?, so its cooking a little more before prime time.

1 Like

Yeah, who knows. Jeff could be wrong. I just took his “plenty of time” comment in asterix as him implying he thought the game was further out than Starfield which is presumably a late 2022 title.