Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Gematsu on Twitter: “Rated in Australia: Project 2021B published by Zenimax, developed by id Software https://t.co/DzpL79x39c https://t.co/15sxv0yXek” / Twitter

Looks like Quake got rated?

1 Like

A ten hour cinematic game is just that, ten hours. Imagine buying four of these games a year, for $240 in total, to only fill 40 hours of your year.

4 Likes

Fya

11 Likes

Was reading that a little earlier. It shows multiplatform on the submission. Would that mean xbox and PC or also playstation? I can’t see Microsoft playing nice after deathloop and ghost wire Tokyo

hard to say, there is no rating comparison to check. Redfall and Starfield aren’t rate on the site yet. Previous xbox game studios games are listed as not specified under media. So this project could be multiplatform

Developed by Id Software??? That means there’s still hope for Wolfenstein III from Machine Games!!! Woohoo!!!

Miles Morales took me 25 hours to complete around 90% of the game while Rift Apart took me 30 hours to complete 98% of the game (one damn collectible wouldn’t “pop”) so overall, 55 hours and the total cost for me was $70 after trading both of them in.

If people are speed running through games in a few hours, it’s because they’re skipping all the story cinematics and playing on easy mode which to be honest at that point, why even play the game(s) to begin with?

This for sure.

pretty sure its a joint project between them as rumoured

not yet available in Brazil…

4 Likes

But if Machine Games is just helping out and are secondary on the project, I can’t imagine them only doing two collaborations (Youngblood & Quake) in what would probably be at least 5 years when Quake releases next year (or later) since Wolfenstein 2 released in October 2017.

I would assume they had a big hand in quake especially since Id software was making doom eternal and expansions all the way through 2020.

1 Like

Quake makes sense and it also could fill that September ‘hole’ in gamepass that seems to exist from the E3 lineup

It won’t launch this year at all, maybe one more for next year.

Probably might fit in the Fall season after Redfall, having quake near halo infinite doesn’t sound like the best move

I take it that Id is only one studio/team right?

They’re big enough to have 2 teams at least.

2 Likes

yup shakez is right, they could easily have a second team. Their total employees might be close to 300

1 Like

Would they rate the game so far in advance? I thought they only did that a few months in advance

Maybe, but that could be even some 25th anniversary remaster/port.

1 Like

I could see something like that as well, its exciting for sure