Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

So fable will take 7 years total? Doubt.

Covid is a reality but its not 2-3 years delay kind of thing.

Because it did.

How long are people expecting Fable to be? Average completion time in the series is in the 22 hour range. Horizon Zero Dawn (rumored to be the reason Fable got rebooted) is 25-30 while Witcher 3 is 50ish hours.

People really play games wrongā€¦

2 Likes

Production started in 2019, so from there add about 5 years in dev.

Iā€™m talking about Ms wasting time and resources on canceled games like scalebound(ok third party studio but definitely a ton of money) crackdown 3 and having lionhead dissolve or disband.

My point is Fable 4 should have started development a long time ago and come out by now or closer to coming out.

I mean itā€™s a lot of work logistically to create a new studio and hire a new team. None of this can be done overnight

2 Likes

Mhmm, but Forza Horizon 5 is not coming out later than we thought.

Itā€™s amazing how efficient PG are with Horizon 5, itā€™s still taken 3 years though, and thatā€™s with thier established tools.

1 Like

Well , they did go from 2 to 3 years between games.

thats because of Fable of course

So, maybe? Itā€™s still later than usual. Like so many games.

Donā€™t forget hellblade lost approximately a year where they couldnā€™t mocap because of covid and hellblade is mocap heavy.

2 Likes

Covid happened

3 Likes

Yup.

For me, Sea of Thrives is a Nintendo type game done right on Xbox

Itā€™s turning into a massive franchise, is cartoon like (gorgeous) and I donā€™t like itā€™s gameplay :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I have nothing but respect for Phil Spencer but one mistake he has made was the handling of Tomb Raider exclusivity.

Sony biased media/fans hounded Microsoft until they cracked and told them the length of the deal and when it was going to be available on PS. And they never did another deal like that.

So you rewarded the cry babies and have them what they wanted. Thatā€™s why thereā€™s this non stop outrage about Starfield. They figure crying loud enough worked last time and Xbox buckled. Maybe theyā€™ll do it again.

5 Likes

Iā€™m also one of those who think that Fable will not be released before 2024. Covid is one thing, building a team from scratch is anotherā€¦ and that takes time, lots of time. Theyā€™ve only just confirmed that ForzaTech will be the engine for the game.

Xbox RPGs: Starfield in 2022, Avowed in 2023, Fable in 2024, Project Inxile in 2025 (and The Outer Worlds 2 somewhere in the middle).

4 Likes

Rewatching the 2020 footage for a comparison video compared to 2021 Holy crap that delay was worth it

2020-2021-367966-1

16 Likes

I am seeing very little outrage over Starfield. In fact I see more fanboys being put in their places than outrage. The majority of people are okay with Bethesda being Xbox from now on. There will always be fanboy tears over everything, but I am not seeing the same level of outrage as Tomb Raider.

9 Likes

The PG website still shows around 70 open positions for the Fable team alone and around 30 for Forza Horizon. I donā€™t know how up to date their website is but those are a lot of open positions for game in full production. Iā€™m still expecting the game to hit in mid to late 2023 but wouldnā€™t be surprised if it slipped to 2024.

Edit: I have also seen 1 person on twitter from the Fable team help on Forza Horizon. Maybe a small percentage of the Fable team helped push Forza out this year. I could see the Forza helping out Fable too if required.

2 Likes