Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

All I need from E3:

2 Likes

Saw this comment on Reddit…he basically said…

Starfield releases 2022, knowing BGS they will come with at least one or two DLCs. So it’s very possible that active development on TES VI won’t start until 2023 or even 2024.

And that is indeed a very real possibility. I recall the full team being on all Skyrim and Fallout 4 DLC too before they moved on to their next adventure as they called it. In other words it will be a LONG ASS time before we get TES VI.

Thankfully we’ll have Avowed, so us Xboxers will get our fill for TES like games, Fable and probably inXile RPG before that. God I love Xbox’s focus on RPG.

I’d be rather sad if does turn out to be the last one…

Let’s hope they wrap it up well

If it’s truly the end then I hope they’ll come with something similar in terms of the genre, how unique it is, the story, characters etc. They are so good at it.

Imagine reading Tim Schafer tweets and taking them seriously/at face value.

9 Likes

I could totally see them doing that. Not the same day, or the same week. Or even same couple of weeks. But 3-4-5 weeks apart? Sure

We keep thinking of this stuff the old way. Gamepass changes that

The sooner they can get more and more impressive AAA titles people want to play, the quicker they can brag about what’s there, the more undeniable the service becomes to anyone still holding out and possibly buying a console to use it on, if they don’t already have one

1 Like

Hindle keeps winning

4 Likes

Maybe Avowed releases before Starfield…

Avoid The Office GIF

2 Likes

Plus didnt MS buy the IP?

I believe they own it, yes. Thats not to say that I think they will just pump out Psychonauts games. I think Double Fine will do other games first and may come back to it some day or maybe they wont, that is up to them. Tim is just a really facetious goofball and twitter is the last place on earth I would expect him to be serious.

4 Likes

Double Fine is that wacky fun studio that xbox needed.

9 Likes

Hey maybe Obsidian can do it am right… I will see myself out

The year is 2077, October 23. Fallout 5 finally releases.

/s

I mean, nothing official, not one single thing, has been said. No one knows anything. I’m personally exhausted by all this “insider” discourse.

8 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Some insider on the other forum who has been saying early 22/ 21 was the internal target NOW backtracked for Q4 22

I mean… c’monn

Point being: we should wait for E3 and stop listening to these people words like gospel

6 Likes

and the crowd…

Baffles me why any bethesda developer would leak to a journalist who has previous for leaking actual SCRIPTS years out from launch (namely Fallout 4)…

If its in anyways related to Forza Horizon 4’s engine then Forza Horizon 5 should be NATIVE 4K/60 on Series X…which I would declare above any beyond all PS5 exclusives in fidelity.

IMO

Microsoft probably see Starfield and Halo as games that deserve a massive holiday push , rather then be wet farted out in March…even if it means delaying them 1 year. As long as they have games in between (March, June, September), it won’t really matter.

2 Likes

So all the insiders etc. having different information on Starfield is strange right? They’re all kinda backing each other up now, but they always do that, like a school of fish. I dunno, seems like there is a campaign of misinformation that may have been spread by MS/Bethesda. Will be interesting to see what the truth is in a couple of weeks.

3 Likes