Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Not only did we finally get Next-Gen looking games, we got new Next-Gen looking cases.

4 Likes

So now that the Starfield teaser is out, do we have some additional info? It was nice to see the engine, which is a clear improvement over creation engine 1, but man I am hungry for some deets!!!

Woah, what is this. A Forza game without a car on the box art? Impossible.

Telegraph interview with Todd on Monday.

Couldn’t agree more my friend! Wish I didn’t have to make up hours before the end of the month…. I already miss you lot and it’s only been a couple hours lol.

6 Likes

Box art not final but the actual box is new

1 Like

Those new cases are NICE.

5 Likes

The showcase was indeed incredible, fantastic pacing and focused on games coming soon was a great choice to answer concern about short term gaming on Xbox.

Summer is packed, end of the year too, with Stalker 2, Starfield, Redfall and third party games we already have a look to what’s coming in 2022 which is good.

Forza Horizon 5 succeed to be the “cross gen” showcase, better than HFW in my opinion, which is huge. A solid release date is excellent. Psychonauts 2 looks crazy good and august is a nice spot. Stalker 2 is the first next gen game that I trully found breathtaking and will be the tech showcase of Xbox next year.

Halo Infinite did good with a short first focus on environment in open world, looking nice with a really good lightning system, multiplayer looks 100% Halo and I loved it. The story segment was a refreshing change of pace in a really agressive conference overall. But I’m just so sad there is no firm release date for Halo.

Red Fall was a poor showing in my opinion, The Outer Worlds II and Contraband were better. The indies curation was stellar.

The best about this conference, is that I trully believe there will be a XO21 with the Compulsion game, a new Bethesda game reveal, gameplay for both Hellblade II and Avowed. What a great year for Xbox after a low first half and future will only be better :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Oh hell yeah! So tomorrow then?

I did find this,nothing new,it’s in the trailer but these are their findings.

UI/HUD

In terms of how the game may play, we see a rifle placed on a table with holographic UI elements like ammo counts visible on its top, thus implying that Starfield may deliver crucial in-game information in clever, high-tech ways instead of as static menus.

Co-op support?

Additionally, a mech suit stomps around this lonely planet’s surface and eventually waves hello to the trailer’s pilot, perhaps implying that Starfield will support co-op gameplay in some form.

And but NOT least

UPDATE 2, 3 pm: Shortly after the Xbox conference concluded, Bethesda uploaded a brief video with concept art that better hints to the diversity of planetary travel players can expect from Starfield next year. This appeared alongside a new Washington Post report in which Todd Howard calls the upcoming game a “Han Solo simulator,” in terms of letting players explore a galaxy and take on jobs as they see fit as a member of humanity’s “last group of space explorers.” Among other things, the interview clarifies the trailer’s hint to a character named Vasco, which will appear in the final game as a C3PO-like droid assistant, and the studio’s confidence that the game will meet its announced November 2022 release date: “Otherwise, we wouldn’t be announcing it,” Howard says.]

6 Likes

One thing we can put to bed now once in for all is that Bethesda games are going to be exclusive still cant believe people thought they werent tho

For some reason The outer worlds 2 has more views than starfield. And people here wanted to kill the ip lmao

2 Likes

I could believe it. What better way to convince people the value of gamepass. $120 for 2 games or $10 for 350 including those 2 games. It’s also the last Tuesday before November 15th…the 20th anniversary of Xbox and Halo Combat Evolved.

Why do you think Red Fall was a poor showing compared to the other two?

I can’t even begin to mentally process what Fable might look like after that FH5 trailer.

5 Likes

Oh shit look at thissssss

Concept artwork

“It’s like ‘Skyrim’ in space.”

That’s how Bethesda Game Studios Executive Producer Todd Howard described the upcoming game “Starfield” in an exclusive video interview with The Washington Post.

“For me, ‘Starfield’ is the Han Solo simulator. Get in a ship, explore the galaxy, do fun stuff,” said Cheng, who’s been with the company for 21 years.

18 Likes

indeed

11 Likes

It did absolutely nothing for me, as a huge fan of Prey and Dishonored, I find what I saw ininspired visually speaking and the trailer didn’t said anything about what I’ll be able to do in the game. It was a poor showing because I just don’t know if the game is a coop Left for Dead like or an immersive sim with strong narrative or even a immersive shooter in open world with coop aspect… it wasn’t a good focus trailer on what the game trully is, I needed to read the description to know what the final game will be about and that’s not a good thing at all for me.

1 Like
7 Likes

Arkane Austin hiring a ton.

10 Likes