Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

No I meant, I don’t count Flight Sim as part of the XGSP because at worst, it comes out like Tuesday.

It’s more there for a “You can play it now or on X” and “Look how purty!”

Yea I know it’s a fact but why does it make it less of a game. Why does it not belong with Halo and Forza just because it can be played on a PS4. I understand that people want Xbox content but just because a game is releasing somewhere else because of a prior obligation shouldn’t take something away from it.

1 Like

Oh ok. I understand what you are saying. If it had a confirmed release date of a couple days after the show then I’m normally of the camp if don’t show it I can just play it in a week or two. That D&D game is a good example. Don’t show that to me, I can just play it myself on Gamepass in a couple weeks. But Flight Sim hasn’t been officially tied to a release date yet although it seems likely so I don’t mind them showing it

It would have never been on the level of Halo or Forza, but being exclusive it would have been more talked, even outside people interested in the games, if only for controversy. XD

Fortunately it’s the last XGS 3rd party commitment outside Bethesda, lines in the sand should be drawed, or people will always antagonize the “Xbox exclusive” concept, it’s like a circle.

Yea I understand it’s annoying to listen to the fanboys say Xbox has no games and they get one of Xbox’s games on their platform. And yea Psychonauts obviously isn’t as big as the other two. I guess I just don’t care because Gamepass is king and I get to play a ton of stuff on there. The Xbox has no games line is about to run out so let them get it in while they can because that’s the last argument they have left. I have both new consoles and the Series X does almost everything better. I turned my PS5 on for the first time in months so I could play Ratchet and let me tell you, it hurt spending that much on a game.

2 Likes

It’s not only annoying, it spreads like an echo-chamber and it’s free marketing for PS and extremely damaging for Xbox image, expecially outside anglo-saxons countries, thanks also to the bad marketing effort of MS outside its comfort zone. The two areas they need to improved after nailing hardware, services and platform are 1st party and marketing.

Many casuals still think Xbox has no worthy games unfortunately, thanks also to the very professional outlets and influencers. Speaking about influencers, after the bad Twitch pre show of last july and terrible indie show of this spring, I hope Xbox no longer deals with Twitch directly for its shows, the unprofessionalism there was incredibly annoying.

5 Likes

Yea it’s for sure an issue still but that issue is on a timer and really it probably ends next year. I know people say 2023 but 2022 still looks really good to me based on the rumors/speculation

Now something we can agree on is their marketing has sucked. Every time a big game is launched into game pass a huge deal should be made about it, whether it’s first party like Halo or Forza or Third party like MLB and Outriders. They should make a huge deal about this stuff. I feel like sometimes all you get is a Twitter post.

1 Like

Ironically their marketing for GP is the only good thing they do in that department, for example it’s the only Xbox marketing you can see at all in my country (and I live in Western Europe, not in some distant place around the globe, I can only imagine how much worse could be in Eastern Europe or Asia, lmao).

Anyway, we are OT, speaking about 1st party, I hope to see something, anything from Obsidian outside the almost sure Grounded.

I do too. I’d rather see Avowed even though I love Outer Worlds but I just finished it’s last dlc so I’d rather have a small break from it but it seems like it’ll be the other way around. I don’t think we will get it but I’d really like to see compulsions game

(post deleted by Microsoft)

2 Likes

(post deleted by Sega Xbox)

2 Likes

Phone Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

3 Likes

:joy:

It is live

3 Likes

ufc 223 sport GIF by UFC

3 Likes

Of course they do count per se. But there is no denying that I have allready played both Grounded in Early Access and Flight Sim has been out for a year and is just a console port. Psychonauts 2 is a AA platformer which whilst probably being awesome is still a small game.

This does not generate the same excitement as new AAA exclusives. Nothing strange about it.

It’s quite baffling that Xbox, with the backing of Microsoft, doesn’t seem to have a marketing department. If they do it is heavily underfunded and almost non-existant outside of the anglosphere.

This is the last piece that PlayStation is running circles around Xbox at. In Europe it’s almost comical.

2 Likes

Agreed, even in Canada it’s noticeable. You rarely ever see Xbox ads here, while PlayStation is plastered everywhere and is synonymous with console gaming.

Really hope Microsoft revamps the Xbox marketing team.

2 Likes

Surprised to hear that, thought Canada would be better. I don’t know what they are doing… Microsoft as one of the biggest global companies in the world should be able to do global marketing.

1 Like

Maybe their marketing head is some sort of guru who believes only in new types of marketing and downplays good old strategies, it’s the only explanation imo.

1 Like