Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

XGS is still owned and operated and budgeted like a studio. I dont see why the push to exclude.

Oh
 OK, I see.

You know that’s not it.

Yea its IOI that’s who haha. Nah who knows

I stand by my assement that 1 Studio = 1 Acqusition regardless of how many studios make up that team.

Playground is 1 Studio, spread across two dev teams.

1 does not equal 2.

3 Likes

It’s possible cyberpunk2077 was December same with dying light 2

Yup, cause otherwise they’d be rolling the “with 35+ teams” chant instead.

1 Like

Can we please stop taking everything Grubb says at face value?

I love the guy, but he speculates.

5 Likes

So, he is just like us mere mortals?

Episode 5 GIF by The Simpsons

Another halo tv show leak

2 Likes

I love the man and his majestic hair, but every day it’s “Grubb says Halo is now Jan 2022.”

Everybody freaks out and then we find out that it’s actually Grubb says he thinks January would be better for Halo and it’s opinion.

It’s half his speculation and half the game of telephone reporting his speculation.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s Forerunner architecture.

Yep im actually very excited

Wrong. Xbox Game Studios – Publishing (because this is how that division is named since 2019) has some own development teams as well to support and handle that external projects. For example Jörg Neumann from Microsoft is the head of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

1 Like

Oh I agree, listen to the man for sure and enjoy his magnificus mane of hair but take his words as speculation as he is like all insiders that don’t know everything. I am happy to wait to hear from whatever horses mouth it comes out of to confirm dates at the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, after all it’s only a few more days to go.

1 Like

He was great at tempering my expectations much to annoynace of some here!

:phil_lmao:

Off topic, but we need a Jeff Grubb emote.

Doubt it. Crytek, IO and Avalanche would be 3 studios, but 8 or 9 teams. So
that’s a considerable addition IMO.

• Ryse
  • Crysis
  • Just Cause
  • 2nd Extinction
  • Typhoon
  • Hitman
  • Bond
  • Dragon

That’s 18 months of games. We would have creamed ourselves for that many games back in 2017. Now
they’re filler. HA!

Not gonna happen. No-one releases in December if they can help it. 343’s been saying “Fall” for 6 months now. All Halo games coming in “Fall” have released in September (3, Reach), those that released in November were tagged coming “Holiday” (Halo 4)

4 Likes

They didn’t develop Flight Simulator. Asobo did. It’s a publishing label for third party games. Global Publishing (it’s right in the name) does not create or develop games.

THIS!

1 Like