Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

So Tom Warren tweeted something today that really makes it seem 3 studios are joining XGS and it was then Jeff Grubb that speculated, or did he say he heard it was probably IO, Avalanche and Crytek? Because holy shit, this would be huge. I mean…Crytek KNOWS their graphics. Ryse may not have been a superb game (don’t attack me Ryse fans) but those graphics were insane for Xbox One. Actually, put a 4K coat on it and Ryse is still a crazy good looker.

1 Like

No, he said those are the rumoured studios that are out there in certain circles.

It’s crazy how fast this came out nowhere. Wonder if MIcrosoft was trying to hold it close to their chest for a while but as the presentation was filmed word started getting out, or maybe this happened SUPER recently, and now they’re scrambling to try to place the announcements.

It’s kind of strange, yet cool, that we’ve heard almost no whispers since Bethesda (most people thinking Bethesda was kind of a rest and relax moment) and then almost over night it went 110% speed.

2 Likes

Well, hope we won’t have to wait too long for more clarity because that sounds very promising. Those sure aren’t small studios either, not like AA, this is AAA business right there.

It probably won’t be all three, but still, Tom’s tweet was interesting!

1 Like

Avalanche isn’t happening. Nordisk Film own them and acquired them two or so years ago. Something like that. Why would they sell them off? IO Interactive is a possibility but with them doing Bond games that will be a trilogy and multi-platform, I don’t see why Microsoft would acquire them either. Crytek is the most likely to happen of the three because it eliminates them having to worry about money issues and due to the leak they had, Ryse Next is real. I wouldn’t be shocked to see it on Sunday even though im not expecting it.

As for Ryse Son of Rome, it’s a good 7/10 game but I would love a sequel. Eliminate the shitty QTE button prompt combat, make it more like God of War 2018 combat wise while building on the story and characters and I think the game would be freaking amazing.

1 Like

What do you think projects with IOI and others are?

Well if you believe the rumors… auditions.

1 Like

I gues it’s probably for the best that they stick with acqusitions, because last time they tried what I suggested, all their IPs ended up at 3rd parties who got acquired by other companies or by Sony.

So forget I said anything.

I remember the “Microsoft will let you keep the IP” days.

Which is smart. Having these studios audition is a brilliant move. Low risk, high reward. If a game hits, they can work out a deal for future exclusive games, acquire that respective studio or if the game misses, just move on.

2 Likes

Agreed there.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s also a bit of a shame to be honest. If this turns out to be real, even one studio…it’s just too bad they can’t leave this for Xbox to announce it. But yeah, such is the world for a while now with insiders. And to be fair to them, many of us do appreciate some of it too. But sometimes it’s too much.

Bond will be a trilogy? I had no idea. Yeah, unless Xbox managed to get that as exclusive for Xbox (Game Pass) it probably won’t happen. Or Xbox is fine with having so many multiplatform games for a long time, but that I cannot imagine.

As for Ryse, yes! Exactly! Remove the QTE, especially offer much more different combos, more variety, let us pick up weapons from the ground maybe. Also, I never realized how much God of War 2018 is similar to Ryse actually, until you mentioned it. The way how close the camera is to the character especially.

The Elden Ring trailer is how we should expect a Starfield or Halo campaign trailer to be.

No direct gameplay, but gameplay is shown in quick cuts.

2 Likes

Pretty sure IO Interactive confirmed that after revealing the 007 trailer a few months ago. It’s going to be setup the same as Hitman. Not game structure wise but that it will be a trilogy. Hitman trilogy went from Spring 2016 until this past January so 5 years. I would acquire a company if they’re still releasing games for the other platform a half decade later. Hell no.

God of War 2018 is similar in some ways but my goodness, it’s so fucking good. If Ryse Next could get even close to it, we would be in for a treat.

This is the tweet I meant, well actually, tweets. I now see Colt started it first.

I don’t know why everyone including Microsoft says 23. It’s 22. Global Studios is not a development studio. Maybe it’s just me but this is how I see it.

I like Colt be he also said Halo is coming in September…

Is that impossible? :slight_smile:

I mean Grubb apparently said FH5 is November. I can see Halo taking the September spot then.

1 Like

Idk…Grubb said today he wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed halo to December.

I have global as just a partnership wing lol

Its possible hes counting studios that have sister teams as well