Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

None of those count if its not an over the shoulder third person game with the color palette of TLOU and an abudance of cutscenes.

4 Likes

Good

That guy seems to have a connection with the Xbox community and follows/tweets at positively with Xbox fans. I don’t think any malice was intended here.

Now whether Jez should’ve answered it is another matter as that question is

A. Highly subjective

And B. Highly open to misinterpretation.

I mean, unless Flight Sim is MIA, the answer for many people is a resounding yes. For others, because it is not cut from the cloth of Horizon in striving for realism in terms of the human experience, the answer may be no.

Again, it’s tricky.

Phil should force The Coalition to make Gears 6 have 15 hours of cutscenes so the game looks good almost all the time.

Brian and his team getting ready to body the RPG industry

200 (1)

8 Likes

I’m completely fine with the Xbox lineup, gameplay is still king to me, not graphics or even worse… Public opinion.

3 Likes

Goddamn, what’s happening here. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Graphics aren’t everything people. Horizon Zero Dawn was also absolutely stunning but I had more fun with objectively worse-looking games like AC Odyssey, The Witcher 3 or ugly Valheim.

Sony is known for top-notch visuals and I didn’t expect anything less from their studios this generation.

2 Likes

I think it is really clear that Sony really pushes for and wants to be associated with cutting edge graphics and wants to be highly marketable. MS seemingly has been going for gameplay over graphics. These two things are also extensions of how they sell their consoles. Sony with exclusives and MS with play anywhere. Sony can have very focused to hardware games while MS games will need to fit into a broader set of hardware.

People really need to stop thinking Xbox is going to be Sony. They are both doing their own thing and that is perfectly fine. Even Sony tends to stumble when they start chasing things their competitors get a hit on.

1 Like

LOOK AT THIS BAD BOY RUNNING AT BEAUTIFUL 60FPS

Imagine what can happen if its locked at 30FPS

8 Likes

But that’s a dudebro shooter with big army men

3 Likes

What’s wrong with liking the idea that Halo could be a true graphical showcase? Because that’s ultimately what I meant. Obviously I didn’t mean Halo necessarily needs to share the art style of FW, but equally impressive or just very impressive with lands full of detail and living things, trees, grass wildly swaying in the wind, fantastic animation, beautiful waters and just general effects…i see nothing wrong with hoping for that.

And maybe we get exactly that with Halo, E3 will show us that.

3 Likes

My big want from MS is to fully fund a Halo movie from Blur studios, they are gods. If a Halo game looked anything like these cutscenes people would lose their shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kBz50zKJ8

http://www.blur.com/

4 Likes

Someone on glassdoor worked on ninja theory and he/she said the team shrifted to Realism too much as a Con and he pointed its not a con for all and still give them a high rate ( i think not all glassdoor is real but i think the review was right)
Im sure microsoft Will have a great games on terms of ( graphics and Realism and etc) and i expect that from ninja theory and coalition and maybe playground
But i think all gamers should care less on graphics… We need some improvement on AI & npcs & physics & new Ideas and mechanics and etc
We should have a worlds feel alive and it will be better than a world more realistic
Do you See how great rdr 2? Do you think it’s all about graphics? We want more new stuff like Nemesis system
The story the characters the side stories the world itself and npcs and their AI and gameplay is more important than more higher graphics
Graphics is important too but my scale is from 1 So a good graphic in game i will rate it 1 and the bad i will rate it 0 and most of the games i will rate them 1
Are anyone saying oh this is a good game have a good graphic but I can’t play it because (x) game have better graphics than it?
I think World and Architectural Design important too as same as more graphics I will accept the point of graphics of ( rdr 2 and Uc 4 and gears 5 ) from all next gen games I don’t need more , focus on the other things .

Covid, build up a complete new second studio, more support for FH4 than any other previous FH. There are a lot of reasons why FH5 could take more than 3 years. I’m still waiting for High Stakes Super 7, a way smaller thing than a new game - delayed for months.

Nothing is confirmed. Remember when Insiders hyped a new Hot Wheels expansion? In the end it was a car pack and some users here where disappointed. I’m just saying, be cautious about this stuff.

HZW looks great, but nothing mind blowing, anyway I can’t wait to see Forza Horizon 5, that bad boy it’s going to look amaze balls, plus the good thing about Xbox showcase is the variety of games they will show.

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Also, take the first trailer for example. Looks great to this day, I see nothing wrong with me hoping or honestly expecting the finished game to look like that. Lighting looked great there, the ground and textures looked very detailed. They definitely created expectations with that first trailer.

1 Like

The first trailer was in-engine more than anything else. Gameplay rarely matches that the first time around. It is more expectations of what could be potentially achieved.

2 Likes

hmmm no you are not wrong i think it’s natural to expect better visual from the next sequel of any series.

people say art style this and art style that…you can have impressive visual without sacrificing that art style you know it’s not like halo went with weird looking human faces and figures, they are using realistic human figures or close to it.

I didn’t say it was confirmed, all but confirmed meaning everything pointing to it’s release this year. I’m not saying it’s not possible it won’t be out this year but I myself think so. Also that Hot Wheels expansion was funny, but in a way you could still call it an expansion :stuck_out_tongue: that is easy to get mixed up with. They must’ve seen in the marketplace behind the scenes something Hot Wheels pop up as DLC and just jumped to a big expansion.