Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Indeed, hehe. Wonder why that is often neglected? It’s like a shop window of olden times, it should look nice and inviting.

1 Like

and some people wanted to kill this franchise off crazy

3 Likes

Primarily of course it was the folks who want FO: NV 2 within 4 years IMO.

1 Like

Was watching a brief clip of Josh Sawyer’s stream… and he says he’s played Avowed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My hype is still immeasurable for that IP.

2 Likes

Yep, if there was a choice between those two… sorry TOW but FNV it is.

3 Likes

I’m keeping updated a list of what’s releasing this year from Xbox.

Big unknowns are Grounded and Ghostwire Tokyo (initially planned for 2021 but still no release date)

3 Likes

Yeah i highly doubt grounded will hit 1.0 this year, They still seem like they have a LOT of things they want to add.

1 Like

I doubt about Ghostwire Tokyo too.

It was planned for October in the Sony’s CES 2021 video presentation from last January (before it was deleted) but I feel like the Japanese gaming industry have been hit harder by COVID (but maybe that’s just an impression) so I would not be surprised if it gets delayed ultimately.

2 Likes

I am kinda suprised we havent heard a peep out of that game in a long time, Figured it wouldve gotten a public delay announcement back when deathloop got delayed

We will probably see the game at the next Playstation’s event. Or at Quakecon but less likely.

Game Pass is the CURE

4 Likes
4 Likes

Wonder which part they ended up in.

10 Likes

I hope they show up at next year’s E3.

We talked about the Ryan podcast but I don’t think we talked about this?

https://www-gamesradar-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/xbox-boss-says-avowed-is-very-different-from-elder-scrolls-6/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#aoh=16254088927696&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamesradar.com%2Fxbox-boss-says-avowed-is-very-different-from-elder-scrolls-6%2F

“I think the games are very different, so maybe I struggle a little bit to say that’s our version of this, just knowing what [Obsidian studio head Feargus Urquhart] and the team are going off to do,” Spencer answered. “But when I think about our lineup, and I think about that more core fantasy RPG setting, I think Avowed is gonna be an awesome entrance there.”

Spencer compared Avowed’s place in the lineup to Fable, which has always been “a little more light-hearted, and a little more British,” and which he thinks Playground will continue with Fable 4. And whenever Elder Scrolls 6 does finally come out, Spencer of course believes “it’s gonna be incredible.”

"

I think Avowed, from just a core fantasy-based RPG, there’s gonna be some distinct differences with what Elder Scrolls has done traditionally, this one obviously takes place in the Pillars world and stuff […] I think Avowed is gonna be fantastic when it comes out, and I want to give them the time and resources to build the most amazing game they’ve ever built," Spencer added.

8 Likes
15 Likes

Forza Horizon 5 will do huge numbers, its only drawback imo it’s the pricing in EU, MS charges 70€ on Steam which is a console price here (before Sony, T2, Activision and EA had the genius 80€ idea), it’s no wonder that now during summer sale Fh4 is being huge. I think MS is way of charging less on Steam than on its own store, which also offer cross-buy with Xbox.

Sumo Digital would be a great option for a new Banjo.

9 Likes

They apparently did a very good job with sackboy adventure, and they have a pretty solid track record

1 Like