Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Yea I think all of this is revolving around that they started investing in first party too late into the gen

Perhaps games planned for 2022 would have been 2021, I think it’s just safe to assume every game has a year delay.

Halo Infinite being delayed is a blessing in disguise because without it this year would have been psychonauts and Forza and maybe one more thing.

1 Like

I watched Mattyplays breakdown of what Jason said. It isn’t what he heard. He says that he heard they are TRYING to release the game this year.

Also some of the stuff Jason said doesn’t line up with what Todd Howard said. Like for example Todd said right before 76 launched that the bulk of the team was on starfield.

I guess things could go either way. I’m hoping that Bethesda is feeding Jason false info. I’ll be busy with halo, forza horizon 5, and battlefield so whenever it comes out is fine I guess.

7 Likes

He actually said it this February.

2 Likes

These weeks feel like forever. Thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made a separate topic if anyone wants to create a road map for Xbox Game Studios. Laying it all out you realize these games are not that far away.

5 Likes

About these so-called Insiders with contacts and such, quite frankly I wouldn’t trust any of them. Well not trust any of them enough to make a big deal over what they say. Just think about it. Typically the only ones who would REALLY know about release dates aren’t going to leak information to journalists or streamers or whatever. What would be in it for them to do so? Now if they are using a journalist as a means of a controlled leak okay, but in that case the journalist is just reporting what the studio wants people to hear at that moment. They could be testing the waters, or throwing people/rivals off from a real date, who knows?

Wait, what? Was this just recently revealed in documents? Sorry for the late reply

So…

When I was first told about God of War, it was prior to it being announced. I was told it was their “Early 2022 game”. But the same source later did tell me that their goal is to try and have it out in 2021 if possible.

Which as far as I’m aware is still the goal. But I’d say it’s unlikely.

3 Likes

Hey! I wasn’t criticising you for what you have said. I was just telling @javycane what you had heard about Sony intending for it to release this year if possible that’s all.

I know, I was just clarifying

That’s regarding Avowed, right? So the plan is/was to release it next year around holiday? Since covid seems to be slowing down more and more…hopefully that is still the plan and will happen. But I can’t believe both Avowed and Starfield would release in the same month. There’ll be a few weeks, maybe months between. Even when with Game Pass it doesn’t matter as much as if there was no Game Pass.

I guess there’s hope for Avowed at E3 in some shape or form then.

That’s good to know :+1:. I think I just misread the first part as something defensive when it is more ‘about that’ lol. Sorry, I have just woken up lol.

1 Like

something happening today? E3 plans? :face_with_monocle:

===

that was yesterday.

:thinking:

1 Like

it could also be an article on VB about Starfield.

Maybe that’s probably more likely

3 Likes

I just finished Psychonauts. That was GREAT!

But I was hoping I’d get the chance to find all collectables after completion, but that’s not the case. Damn. That means I gotta find all collectibles in meat circus while also having to pay attention to the objective, that sucks. So it doesn’t save or let you save after completion, damn.

I think it’s just a joke of him

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes