Xbox Game Studios |OT5| DOOM posting not allowed. Except for posting about DOOM

Also an important thing to note is we do not want Microsoft to rush Fallout or put another team on it because it will go against current philosophy. Also you have to think long term and Microsoft forcing Fallout or putting another studio on it might make certain devs hesitant in joining Microsoft. I believe the reason why we got a lot of studios jumping ship to Microsoft was due to hands off promise and allowing them the free reigns to release games such as grounded and bleeding edge.

Microsoft needs to show campaign with another ~5-7 gameplay trailer, a bit of multiplayer with invite to beta and 343 Industries should show us comparison screenshot or short videos between new build and that shit what they showed in July on Halo Waypoint after the Showcase.

This. If Halo isn’t something to stun and wow the mainstream, don’t open/close the show with it. It’s no longer that game. Saying things like “It plays like Halo” gives me total Crackdown 4 vibes. Halo has lost it’s contemporary lustre/relevance to that mainstream. But that’s because the mainstream has moved on. The games that open/close shows should be those that appeal to those wanting the most cutting edge/relevant software. If it was just based on quality, MS should probably just open with Solitaire. It’s got a massive and loyal player base, after all.

I would put whatever games have the most impressive visuals on first (excluding Forza/flight sim), then follow up with Halo. Then close with Starfield.

Particularly considering Fallout is in need of some major retooling before they release another game.

Because @Hindle seems to be obsessed about Fallout and that’s why there was that whole discussion.

Would you kindly discuss E3 stuff in the E3 thread? That thread is looking neglected. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

First off, there’s billions of reasons :joy: Second off you completely ignore the whole portion where they may actually just hire the resources Bethesda needs to do it themselves.

Aside from that there’s already a history with that happening and for ZeniMax/Bethesda farming out an IP. There’s the even greater demand for gamepass it generates. It can help drive the IP value even higher, having it sit on the shelf actually is detrimental to the value of the IP. It gives fans what they’re asking for. Microsoft just paid billions and is desperately looking for massive IP so I contend when they have one, especially one they just paid huge money for, they won’t let it just sit on the shelf.

2 Likes

Agree but… Halo is the most popular Xbox IP yet. :man_shrugging:

Also we’re talking about giving the next Fallout to Obsidian, as if they’re just sitting around, waiting for something to do

3 Likes

That thread should be pinned for now.

4 Likes

Said the same in that thread itself

It sits too far down the forum list and gets mostly ignored for that. Even though it’s specificaly about the most dominant subject on the site for a while. Anticipating E3. Which will continue to be dominating the overall conversation until the 13th

I know there are a lot of pinned threads already, but that one deserves to be one regardless

2 Likes

If Avowed is a 2022 release then it makes sense to get Fallout next in pre dev with them.

Yeah that thread needs to be pinned for this month at very least, else every thread it going to get flooded by the same topic.

1 Like

When did it pass up the RROD? Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. It was a long weekend.

Maybe they should start transitioning to having other IPs start doing some of the work? Like the non traditional IPs, like Doom and Fallout. Or is that “too soon” and just cause meltdowns?

It might be easier if they had a mascot-like character they could put into short little techdemo mini games and release for free. This way they can show off goodies without having to wait 3+ years for development.

1 Like

This assumes Obsidian doesnt have like 5 projects in house already and that they are just lingering around for Fallout scraps.

1 Like

I am with Hindle in hoping a new Fallout is sooner rather than later, later in like after TES VI, but I’m not so sure it will happen. Didn’t BGS a while ago say they would be the only ones making Fallout games? Something to that effect. At the same time it’s such a huge, guaranteed money making IP…would Xbox truly let it lie for years? Because let’s say TES VI is 2025, will it be 2027 or 2028 for a proper new SP Fallout?

I suggest we wait and judge in a year, I think we both having differing thoughts and will not agree so we should move on and revisit :+1:

What if Avowed is a hit tho and Obsidian wants to make a sequel to it

1 Like

Just love how everyone thinks Obsidian is dying to not make their own stuff finally after years of not having enough resources.

3 Likes