Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Working on the gameplay during development is normal. Uuf…

1 Like

Pretty much.

State of Decay 3 is a 2023 candidate.

Yeah but when do you see games get revealed and they don’t know exactly what it is? That’s extremely rare.

FFS, stop going around in circles… Someone please stop the merry-go-round.

That is a game that was probably in pre-production at the time the trailer was shown, although I think it maybe in full production now or will be this year. At any rate, 2023 is the earliest the game will be out, I agree.

But we had like several battlefield games before so I can have some expectations regarding the game. MS should really start do the reveals of games with more gameplay. Reputation of CGI-fest at conferences did not appear out of thin air.

3 Likes

“Part of the reason we haven’t talked a lot about Everwild is because we’re still feeling a lot of these things out. We’re still playing around with gameplay ideas."

They brainstorming on a game in development and this was last year. I see no point of oddity here.

2 Likes

It has the potential to become another Breath of the Wild. I hope it is not co-op though like Grounded or something.

Well good Everwild has not shown CGI😐

The Everwild trailer is comparable to what was shown for Horizon Forbidden West. A in engine trailer.

I am kinda curious what is the purpose of in-engine trailers at all.

So you are saying we know nothing beyond graphics. Got it.

Exactly but according to some here Everwild is a 2023 game while Forbidden West 2021/22

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

2 Likes

The difference is that we had another Horizon game so even without showing gameplay we know how it’s gonna be played. I mean - if you announce Call of Duty you don’t even need to show the gameplay.

1 Like

Sorry but I have way more confidence in Guerrilla Games to hit early 2022 with Horizon 2 than I do with Rare hitting all of 2022 with Everwild.

Well all fair. Everyone has his own opinion. I say Everwild 2022 and you say 2023 because they working on the gameplay during the development.:thinking:

They’re not working on gameplay during development, they’re working on gameplay ideas which if you don’t know what you want to do, how can you develop those ideas in the game if you don’t have them finalized yet?

“Part of the reason we haven’t talked a lot about Everwild is because we’re still feeling a lot of these things out. We’re still playing around with gameplay ideas.

=> We are testing different gameplay ideas how they fit together and feel => normal in development for a game 1- 2 years out

Heck Klobrille has addressed your same arguments a couple weeks ago. This is normal to do bet you any developer is playing around with gameplay ideas

In no word here they say something like: we have no idea what Everwild is even about or we just started with the gameplay

2 Likes

I’m so buzzed about Everwild

2 Likes