Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

No kidding. The amount of opportunity for creative design and gameplay with a planet hoping space adventure far outweighs my desire to see more dilapidated cityscapes.

I am probably in the minority, but I enjoyed TOW more than FO4, so I am happy to see a sequel can happen. Also I feel the series set a great foundation and with a bigger budget we can see jump like Mass Effect 1 to 2

6 Likes

Iā€™m fine with it or without it.

I was excited about the possibility of Obsidian developing a game we didnā€™t know anything about.

Am also excited for a fully realized AAA TOW2 experience.

154 replys left for OT5. :eyes:

4 Likes

2 different branches from the same tree to me imo.

So Microsoft actually own two space RPGs now? Xbox is truly covering all bases for RPG.

Fable, Avowed and inXile for fantasy RPGs and ToW and Starfield for space/sci-fi RPGs. Love it!!! And of course not to forget Fallout, I guess that would fall under post apocalyptic RPG, but also sci-fi.

So the no gameplay loop meme is based in reality.

1 Like

Well now my expectations are tempered for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

It is clear to me that he has no idea what he is talking about.

10 Likes

Lolā€¦I was gonna say. ā€œOh geez guys, I didnt realize 24 months had passedā€

1 Like

Hope so.

other day he said that Fable was using UE4ā€¦

but he is ā€œverifiedā€ā€¦ :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

He us verified to work at HDTV test, which is probably a TV review site.

5 Likes

Yep

Vincent GOAT tv reviewer

Glad to know, heā€™s a dumbass then.

1 Like

Good, so now itā€™s an Ms IP in every sense of the way.

Nw Ms needs to get Shadowrun and Mechwarrior back (alongside the developers :P)

Ehhhā€¦ IIRC, he worked directly with MS on Auto HDR + other projects.

He may have old info on the subject, but he has contacts on MS that could easily give him some info.

1 Like

Hey now EvilBoris is good people, please drop the attacks on someone who has helped improve the art of games (see Ori2 HDR implementation). Thereā€™s a lot that can be read from the state of the game as he mentioned it, and pre-production eats a large chunk of dev time (which would be part of that time before there is a ā€œgameā€). Furthermore, for the longest time Fable was using UE4, and itā€™s only recent news that the team switched to a ForzaTech fork, so he may have been out of the loop (if thatā€™s what he said on Era: Iā€™m banned).

18 Likes

Meh, I thought Phil said they wouldnā€™t repeat the past mistakes of showing trailer of non existant games. I hope this is bullshit, if itā€™s not it would be very bad.

Why MS canā€™t announce a freaking game and then show quality updates for 1-2 years and then release it like Sony does? Thereā€™s always a catch with Xbox, being a terrible presentation like the Halo Infinite demo or the disappearance of games for years (Hellblade 2).

1 Like

Iā€™m banned too, still salty about for what though. Went from 2 weeks then I appealed and got a permo ban. Oh, well, at least thereā€™s xboxera :slight_smile:

4 Likes