Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

I believe we will. Xbox has continued to make all the internal moves to expand their merger and acquisition teams to focus on more new acquisitions. They are going after big time developers and IP. E3 is when they will have the most eyes on them so it only makes sense to make these known in front of as many people possible.

1 Like

I think the focus of Xbox/MS should be on delivering first party content.

they lost their pace. they need to come back.

acquisitions are secondary now.

2 Likes

I agree the announcements are secondary, but if they’re big acquisitions, you want to make as many people aware as possible. The two best times to do that will be at E3 and at the video game awards.

1 Like

I think they will continue to acquire but we will (hopefully) be more focused on games than acquisitions. That thirst was born out of a lack of content, hopefully E3 puts people’s concerns to rest.

1 Like

I disagree. Big acquisitions could always theoretically go sour, do the XboxWire approach for companies as big or larger than Bethesda.

Smaller to midsized developers, do an e3 thing.

Haven’t we seen with the Bethesda acquisition that without getting in front of everyone it doesn’t get noticed as much. I still had a lot of friends that had no idea it happened for months, probably still have some that still don’t know. They game all the time, they don’t follow gaming news though. They do watch E3 though, and they aren’t alone. Those of us that do follow the news like this are the exception. If they make big acquisitions like someone like an IOI or Bungie or an IP like Tomb Raider it needs to be in front of people.

Those people will find out Bethesda is owned by Microsoft this upcoming e3 that’s for sure.

I second this.

Its time for the games to start doing some talking. Enough of the “games are coming”.

If we ignore Infinite (a delayed 2020 game) and the zenimax acquisition the only game that is rumored to come out from XGS this year (AAA) is FH5. Yikes.

6 Likes

If you’re buying a studio and securing exclusives for the next 2 years why not do announce the studio and exclusives at E3

1 Like

Would be cool to see it announced with game(s).

I thinm Bethesda was a necessity to get out there before pre-orders went live.

1 Like

Yes

To make up for the Infinite delay

I just want to see Forza Horizon 5, and will be sad if it’s not 2021 after every insider saying it’s 2021. Microsoft can really have a strong 2nd half if we’re possibly getting Halo, Gunk, Flight Simulator, Psychonaut, Forza Horizon 5, Starfield (think its Q1 2022), Ascent, Tunic, and might be missing a few others.

1 Like

They should nurture their studios, make them bigger and better, create new teams inside those studios and pump games like crazy.

I too want more Japanese games and all that, but these will come once Xbox show the world the power of their exclusives and it gains more market share.

My dream is every studio having at least two teams, maximizing creativity for every studio. Imagine Turn 10 doing a Crimson Skies reboot? Or Undead Labs doing a space themed survival horror like Dead Space?

There’s endless potential with what we already have.

1 Like

Right now Xbox is doing both. They’re hiring over 600 people now across these studios so for the year they may add over 1000 employees to Xbox games studios.

Do keep in mind though that not every team wants to grow that big. Double Fine and Ninja Theory have said they really don’t want to grow into these big teams.

2 Likes

I know not everyone needs to be a giant but they still need more people to make their projects a steady process.

I think that for one team studios 150 people is enough to put the quality a first-party game needs at a reasonable pace, and also to not make it heavy for anyone in the team.

They’ll have to grow no matter what, but they don’t need to be as big as multiple teams studios.

:star_struck:

9 Likes

Lighting in this one looks better than the others.

thats why people are upset by the Grubb tweet… this looks great. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At this point I’m tired of walls and floors.

I’ll just wait patiently for the reveal.

2 Likes

(Age of Empires IV ) NO the game already got it’s reveal show with release date and probably it will be showing again at Gamescom when these type games are popular in europe.

(Avowed) story trailer 3-5 minutes

(Fable) nah next E3

(Flight simulator) 1-2 minute trailer with release date

(Forza Horizon 5) nah 5-8 minutes (FH4 Was around 6 minutes)

(grounded) 1-2 minutes trailer with release date

(Halo Infinte) i’m expecting gameplay trailer(not like last july) with MP Beta announcement

Hellblade 2 yeah 5-10 gameplay segment

Minecraft ? nah there is minecon and other shows

SOT ? nah not enough content to show

Psychonauts 2 nah 2-3 minutes trailer with release date(last july trailer was around 3 minutes)

Starfield at bethesda with todd 15-25 minutes

Project Omen gameplay trailer 3-5 minutes

Project Typhoon 5 minutes gameplay trailer also it could be CGI Trailer

CGI

Compulsion Games CGI Trailer at E3 or TGA 2021

as for the rest nah too early maybe next year E3

NO Shows

yeah I agree with the list