Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

I think that people are going to be annoyed when it turns out Starfield is multiplat.

Its not gonna be multiplat tho

2 Likes

I have no clue how it worked in Fable 2/3 despite playing both. I just figure that we aren’t getting an MMO in the traditional sense, and that shared world to me means that there will be smaller elements that create a sense of connectivity between players. The doom and gloom train is better boarded for other more important things going on right now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Rand and others are now explicitly saying it is NOT multiplat. Check out his latest video.

They are not even hesitating now in saying that. Cool to see.

2 Likes

Why would it be at all? I can see no good reason.

@FarSightXR-20 excellent post, congrats. :wink:

It’s really annoying to see two Bethesda games artificially delayed on Xbox, this is the real gatekeeping, not paying your own devs to make games for your platforms.

Anyway, I hope to see at least FH added to that list, if we end up only with the multiplatform Psychonauts 2 (yeah, I won’t pay for it, but it’s bad for optics) and the delayed Halo Infinite from XGS, it would be a dry year after 2020 with 10-15 XGS releases. In that case, Bethesda aquisition is more crucial than ever to offset those holes in the line-up caused by covid and/or a strategy only began in 2017.

2 Likes

What does Phil have to say for you to understand Bethesda games are exclusive to platforms with Game Pass?

3 Likes

Josh Sawyer’s talk last year. For those who might be interested.

5 Likes

No…no, no…please don’t start another Tavish Hill what does ‘legacy’ mean posting spree

2 Likes

You’re making the rounds @FarSightXR-20

10 Likes

He didn’t post Starfield? We’ve now had several sources doubling down on it still being planned for this year. Also no FH5. Probably because it hasn’t been made official that these are still planned for this year.

I think he considered only the officially confirmed stuff.

@Shpeshal_Nick can The State of Xbox's First-Party Studios - Year 2021 (a comprehensive list of 2021 output from XGS + Bethesda as of April 27) - #5 be restored as it’s own thread?

It’s a very interesting topic, and while a subject of the game studios it’s specific enough to be contained into a single thread, while dumped in here it will just wither and die.

Also all the work put into the thread work as a nice guide for people looking for a quick info on what’s in store for this year.

4 Likes

Just want to say good post. Sorry your original post got locked. I skip on these big ass threads most of the time so I wouldn’t have seen it otherwise.

2 Likes

I’ll re open it, hopefully Farsight is willing to update it as more games are confirmed

The Grubbmeister said he was going live soon with an update on Kojima.

Any deets?

Where on Twitter or his YouTube channel

His Youtube Channel. I think he’s doing another one of those “Summer Games Mess updates” where he usually drops hints every now and then. Maybe his Twitch as well?

It’s on his twitch.

Just to not be surprised if Kojima isn’t at E3 since some speculated they would reveal the partnership there. But it also doesn’t mean he’s not there for sure Jeff just didn’t hear any updates on it.

Also in two days Matt Booty will have a blog post or something to reaffirm Microsofts commitment to PC.

1 Like