Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Yeah. They started to think about the sequel shortly after the first game was released. It was revealed in the fist dev diary. That doesn’t mean they instantly started full production though because it was them scouting Iceland.

1 Like

Where does “Fable is taking notes from Ghost of Tshiuma” come from?

Because if true, that’s VERY exciting.

When Fable was initially “announced” back in 2018 there was reporting that one of the reasons they wanted to bring back the series was the success of Horizon Zero Dawn

On the contrary, that sounds really concerning.

8 Likes

That was just a recruiter using that phrase, not a design goal from Microsoft/Playground. Just FYI.

3 Likes

I thought he was pretty positive all around in the video, what parts did you mean? :slight_smile:

Like the first 30 seconds or so, where’s he talking about the lack of games in the first half of 2021 by XGS. That’s what I was referring to. He did it much more eloquently then let’s say… some of my “posts” if you could even call them that.

1 Like

Why though? I didn’t play Ghost of Tsushima enough to really judge it, but I really did like the combat. So can you give me some examples of why it be a bad thing?

It’s funny.

People wanted Xbox to make Sony-style games for a long time, now some people are saying that Fable will be like one of Sony’s newest, hottest and most popular franchises and suddenly it’s time to be concerned.

Like I’m sure we can still fart to get people to like us after we kill the entire town. It wouldn’t be Fable without it.

If you like Ubisoft type of open world, it’s good, if you don’t like it, it’s bad.

I hope Fable take inspiration from BOTW/Skyrim more than AC/GOT.

Because if i want to play Ubisoft games, there are a lot to choose from. I want to play Fable, not a Ubisoft clone with a different skin.

6 Likes

Correct lol

Ghost of Tsushima made me go back and finish Assassins Creed Odyssey which I had dropped twice at that point.

It was that boring.

I’m just trying to figure out where that quote came from.

I saw it on here around the weekend, but with no source.

XboxERA Podcast? Xbox Two Podcast?

Yeah, just going off what I read in the original Eurogamer article. I think it makes sense that Xbox would want to bring back Fable due to the success of HZD, as having a third person open world action RPG seems like a safe bet for a popular game.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t need the farts, burps anymore. If they move away from that I’m more than fine with it. Being able to kill anyone? Yes please, I just kinda like those things. I wanted to smack a dude around in Witcher 3 too after he called me freak, but I couldn’t. But I do want Fable to retain the humor and judging by the trailer with the toad and fairy that seems perfectly intact. Personally I can do without the emotions, at the same time it does set Fable apart from all the others.

Ubi worlds are okay, I really loved Watch_Dogs 2’s world, can’t yet talk about Legion cause it immediately landed in the backlog, lol. AC Valhalla’s world is alright I guess.

I agree about Skyrim, I love that world, I love BGS worlds anyway. BOTW especially for the interactivity you have with the world, that was awesome.

If I can’t do chicken noises and dance moves with farts in the middle of Browerstone after murdering my 3rd wife in front of eveyone to make them love me again, then what’s the point of calling the game Fable?

(Sarcasm)

2 Likes

Jesus, that bad? I was told by a buddy that it was indeed like Ubi, but like a Ubi game that does everything or most of it right. So everything that becomes tiresome in Ubi worlds was done a lot better here. But it’s clear you don’t share those thoughts at all.

I thoroughly enjoyed GOT… great combat, beautiful stylistic choices for the world etc.

Only downside was the slightly repetitive structure quest structure.

1 Like

I hated defoging the map and having to run around like a headless chicken figuring out what is left to do per area.