Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

7 Likes

No.

1 Like

Schwarzenegger GIF

1 Like

No I teased the Disney + thing separately

https://twitter.com/shpeshal_ed/status/1324112724029173760?s=21

9 Likes

Interesting

1 Like

at the risk of pushing my luck, do you think that the outsiders among us will find out what you were teasing by the end the year?

More like Spicy_Ed

I still think Starfield misses this year. March 2022 Iā€™m becoming more confident in

I donā€™t think so, I think it hits Fall 2021. Probably November.

1 Like

Man, I went from initially thinking Starfield would be 2022 to switching to the 2021 camp, then going back to my earlier 2022 prediction, and now Iā€™m back thinking itā€™ll be 2021.

1 Like

Seems overly optimistic, you sure itā€™s not 2024? :wink:

8 Likes

Then do you mind sharing with the rest of the class exactly what you meant by the other tweet?

That last part gives me a big :grimacing:

Like, if there is opportunity for LucasArts partnerships, absolutely do it. But ā€˜taking the Lucasarts routeā€™ instead of Marvel? Or rather at the opportunity cost of a Marvel game / partnerships? Nah. Literally the only exception I will make is for a Mando game, and I havenā€™t even seen the show.

What else can Lucasarts offer other than than that? Monkey Island / Indiana Jones (obviously)? They donā€™t have that much high value IP.

We get a new Star Wars game every 2 years it feels like. Marvel though? Thatā€™s so much untapped potential in the video game era in a world where the MCU is so dominant. The fact that we donā€™t have an Iron Man game yet is bonkers.

I think itā€™s probably because Sony has want Disney wants:

Spider-Man. Heā€™s there bargining chip for deals. Look at what they signed to bring Spider-Man movies over to Disney+. You donā€™t think Sony didnā€™t try to get more Marvel games away from Disney do you?

Theyā€™re going to get as much as they can from Disney in exchange to have Spider-Man hang around MCU and streaming services.

1 Like

2028 with Indy.

4 Likes

Hehe nah Starfield started dev way before covid, majority of the groundwork is done. Any delay will be minor

2 Likes

If even @Hindle thinks Starfield is releasing 2022ā€¦

2021 is a lock. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Amazing how one side thinks they are right, yet nothing is confirmed. Insiders especially Jez and Rand have been wrong many times

Bethesda is still trying to figure out how to spell Indiana Jones. Released in 2030 on quantum computers.

4 Likes