Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Think we could still be a good week away, so not getting hopes up.

1 Like

Soooo…

• Watch Dogs Legion Statue = WDL seemingly coming to GamePass
  • Nintendo Switch = Phil Spencer appearing on a Nintendo related doc
  • Kojima Studio statue = ???

Expect nothing less from Rare.

9 Likes

Well, technically they also don’t know what is it …

Considering the rumours about cloud game from Kojima for Stadia, it might be something related to this. Or maybe Death Stranding coming to GamePass or something.

This is such a big misunderstanding. All that has been said was that rare is still working on the gameplay and brainstorming ideas. This was how some journalists took it.

1 Like

That’s not true.

I like the “new” game design approach of Rare. Sea of Thieves was a “hit” because they have a “comcept” but nothing really precise in most of the gameplay aspect : a ship, some tools, and a living and dynamic world which the players will be lost in.

This is a way to “force” creativity, stop looking at other genre and trying to reach a “comcept” with a “feeling” and an “atmosphere” in mind.

I still can’t believe that Sea of Thieves feels fresh every time I launch it, really a fantastic game.

2 Likes

I still love the idea that the Connect 4 was meant to tease that 4 of the things on the shelf were teases…^.^

1 Like

Oh shit that logic makes sense.

They have been putting energy into Sea of Thieves that should put EA, Bioware and Square to shame. Amazing interview on Windows Central with Rare.

The range of variables in the pvp gameplay is still astonishing. You have to see the Sea od Thieves creators to believe what silly tactics they are up to.

3 Likes

Really wish people would stop spreading this misinfo. Playing around with gameplay mechanics does not mean they dont know what the game is

5 Likes

If Kojima and Suzuki were willing to make exclusive games for Stadia, I don’t see how MS wouldn’t be able to get them to develop for their platform as well. Really hope it happens!

Phil’s involvement in the Nintendo doc was announced last year when Crackle announced the show and in the trailer before that interview aired. I would say the Switch is probably not hinting at that and means a bit more. Might be another Smash character, involvement in the inevitable Nintendo 64 Virtual Console by putting some Rare games on there or both.

2 Likes

So I noticed that Phil Spencer was playing Fallout 4 on Xbox this afternoon. That seems a little too random of a game to be playing. Maybe we get a Monday blog post on Bethesda being official that includes a note on Fallout 4 getting that FPS Boost upgrade to 60 FPS.

5 Likes

This is possibly interesting. Some rumblings that there is a FromSoftware sci-fi game in early pre-production and MS might be publishing - to be clear, Miles does not mention MS as publishing this specifically. Says he’s not sure if it’s legitimate though.

at this point xbox should make a game about Phil Shelf it seems people enjoy it more than Sherlock Holmes games

1 Like

would be big for xbox if true, series consoles will be the home of rpgs only missing jrpg style flavor rpg yeah from software would be considered jrpg but i’m just talking about games like lost odyssey, FF, blue dragon and persona.

The fun thing is that it is fully possible. MS being serious can easily be a superpower in gaming. It has all the tools needed, it just needs to work more on the public perception. More localizations, more marketing etc.