Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

I agree. Any big game that’s releasing in 2022 SHOULD be at this e3. If it’s not there I’ll assume it’s 2023 or later. If they show gameplay for anything I’ll be confident that it’s coming before 2023.

1 Like

Kinda surprised we don’t have a thread for WandaVision or Falcon & Winter Soldier here. Or Mandalorian

Off-Topic Other Era is basically the only reason I hang around there.

Also is SlipSpace Entertainment involved with Halo in anyway? Because lol.

1 Like

We should start a Marvel Disney plus thread. I’m only just starting Falcon & Winter Soldier, saw first 2 last night. Have been letting them stack up so I can binge.

1 Like

Should, very true!

So unless Jeff just isn’t aware yet of the full plans, chances of Avowed release for next year seem very slim. Unless Xbox just isn’t fond of showing a game 1.5 years away from release.

and here’s why Microsoft put their games on Steam they have taken 3,4,6 of the 10 spots. (by revenue + XGS had a sale)

New peak for FH4 on steam at 40,228 peak players up around 6K more.

10 Likes

SpilSpace is Halo Infinte’s game engine name

Well this is interesting… just have a look at some of the wording.

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1381300080095936520

On Team Xbox, we aspire to empower the world’s 3 billion gamers to “play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want” . Gaming, the largest and fastest growing category in media & entertainment, represents an important growth opportunity for Microsoft. We are leading with innovation, as highlighted by our launches of Xbox Series S | X, Xbox Game Pass, and xCloud, and our acquisition of ZeniMax Media (Bethesda).

The Gaming Strategy & Business Planning team serves as the corporate strategy function for Team Xbox. We partner closely with the Gaming Leadership Team to identify and evaluate transformative growth opportunities. Our charter includes leading Gaming’s M&A program (e.g., ZeniMax, Ninja Theory, Double Fine), identifying and understanding key industry dynamics, and helping to answer Gaming’s most challenging business questions. Our collaborations with the Gaming Leadership Team help set the direction for the business, both with Team Xbox and with Microsoft’s CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors.

We are looking for a talented and motivated strategy leader who can frame and drive projects across the organization in partnership with senior executives, bring analytical discipline to ambiguous questions, collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal partners, and bring fresh perspective and enthusiasm.

This role will report to the Senior Director of Strategy & Business Planning and will require close partnership with senior leaders from Engineering, Finance, Business Development, Corporate Development, and Marketing, among others.

14 Likes

The games shown last year July are definitely 2023 and beyond. Many could have made it to fall 2022 but it’s obvious that covid pushed them out of 2022 launch window. Bethesda and other third party deals will come to rescue in 2022 after Halo in fall 2021.

FH5 could be made possible in 2021 because it doesn’t take much te to make a racing game. FH4 was released in just 2 years. Come September 2021, it’s will be three years. Enough time for game development of FH5. Game will ofcourse be a hit.

I wonder how Flight Sim is going to look/run on the Series consoles. That game seems to being nice rigs to their knees. I can’t imagine it’ll be great on the One line though.

1 Like

It should run fine on the Series consoles since I think if you want to crank up the settings it will bring powerful PCs to their knees. In regards to the One, it hasn’t been announced has it?

I don’t think it’s coming to XB1 and I don’t even think it should haha, the game runs poorly on my 4670k + 1080ti I can’t imagine how bad it would be on XB1 it’ll have to run at like 360p 30fps lol. I think it will run at like 1080p60 on XSX if they push for visuals and maybe 4K30 with lower settings. Considering a RTX 3090 + i9 10850K running at 4K with utra settings sits at between 50-60fps (it can go even lower into the 40s) I doubt it could really hit 4K60 unless they drop the visuals by a fair bit.

I thought it was announced for One S/X, but I could be wrong. In hope they nail it though, both in terms of performance and control. I wonder if they’ll do anything to “gamify” it for console gamers.

No, it was just announced for Series consoles I believe, although they have skirted the question a bit of the One when asked. I personally don’t think it should because the game requires a beefy CPU. Well you can already use the pad on the PC so I think they will just use those settings for the consoles.

Not sure if it was posted here but shinobi602 said he’ll be surprised if everwild hits next year

He’ll be surprised then.

1 Like

I find it super interesting how well those three games have been doing on Steam. Really happy for those teams.

Also on the Gamepass side you have those three games and Outriders in the top sellers. Also It takes Two will be on the service eventually. Too bad GP kills game sales tho.

2 Likes

oh shit, so 2023 :frowning:

Makes you wonder what they’ll have for next year then. Avowed would be great but I’m not holding my breath.