Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Actually think Everwild could hit next year, changed my mind on that one

There’s absolutely no way that insiders know the exact date that some games are launching, they should know it’s not coming soon, and that’s that.

“Far away” games are games not releasing this year, Avowed, Everwild and Hellblade 2 are coming 100% next year.

Mind you, these studios are hiring right now too, that estimate that Klobrille made is correct, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I don’t know much about Avowed, but Everwild and Hellblade 2 were announced in 2019, so expecting them to release in 2022 is logical.

Hellblade and Everwild in some form could see for next year. Avowed from a marketing perspective dorsnt make sense for next year when Starfield could be coming then

Avowed, Everwild, and Starfield, and Hellblade 2 will be out by 2022 :yawning_face: Starfield before that maybe.

1 Like

I thought Hellblade 2 would be 2022 but I think it might have been one of those games Phil was referencing as being hit particularly hard by Covid because they were still in the mocap stage when it hit. I believe Sensua’s actress only recently posted a video that they were back on the mocap stage proper at the NT studio so who knows at this point. I know they were shooting some stuff at a make shift stage at Tam’s house but The NPC counts in the reveal clearly indicates a much larger scale and the fidelity goals means all that stuff needs to be mocapped. We’ll find out how far along they are at E3 I suppose.

Can’t help but feel that some people are trying to take this “Some games are several years away” thing and turn it into a “gotcha” or a “momentum killer” or “bad news” for Xbox.

Like yeah, games take a long time to make, we’re working from home in a pandemic, so yeah, expect shifting internal projections.

Like if you were only betting on Everwild, Fable and Perfect Dark, yeah that might be a problem.

But they got a lot more stuff coming out before those games even drop.

This feels like people desperately trying to continue on the “Xbox has no game” or “Xbox gamers have to wait” narrative.

5 Likes

I am sorry but the «Xbox gamers have to wait» narrative is actually true,

1 Like

oh piss off you.

Look who came out to troll.

5 Likes

The truth shouldn’t make you angry.

It’s not the truth.

So what new first party games are available or are coming soon, with announced release dates, on the Xbox ?

in terms of AAA or big guns at least console space it’s true

1 Like

Psychonauts 2 Flight Sim Halo Infinite Grounded 1.0

1 Like

Well I’m sorry I don’t think so small as “AAA or bust”

How many time you going to edit your post to try to fit your narrative?

Pc folks will get two AAA games(HI, AOE IV) from XGS this fall while xbox consoles get one for now i forget to mention E3 on our door

2 Likes

ha! this whole thing about waiting all about AAA games or big games it is always have been like this

1 Like

Well good thing it’s not always about AAA games.

I mean for fuck’s sake we could get an exclusive AAA RPG Starfield this year.

We could get a AAA Timed-Exclusive Wolf III this year.

Can you people just fucking wait a few weeks?

Are we THIS desperate to doom and gloom?

7 Likes

Yeah I can’t say that I care about grounded or even flight sim. I care about hellblade 2, Halo, Gears, forza, Avowed, the Bethesda big games , fable and so on,

That’s YOUR problem.

1 Like