Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

Voicing grunts again?

5 Likes

Tango may have 2 teams.

Ghostwire Tokyo was started in 2015 (and The Evil Within 2 was released in 2017).

About Rare, do we know what is working on Gregg Mayles ? I read that he wasn’t working anymore on Sea of Thieves but also not working (at least not fully) on Everwild but I don’t remember where I read that.

2 Likes

Underrated.

No need for other publisher acquisition.

XGS + Bethesda + Rare

Wonder if anyone at Xbox have think about it?

2 Likes

7 Likes

2015??? Any proof because that game is definitely a candidate to get pushed into 2022. Can’t imagine it taking Tango 6+ years to complete Ghostwire Tokyo.

Still not too many. Maybe, 5.5k overall including Beth. Ubisoft is at 18k spread across 3 continents. EA and Activision might be larger than Xbox in terms of size, but not large like Ubisoft.

2 Likes

Wow Ubisoft, thank you.

For me CGI trailer is no different from showing the logo of the game without anything else.

1 Like

second game ?

3 Likes

I don’t even fully trust that anymore. Too many examples of devs showing us BS gameplay that is some suped up, vertical slice. Where they push the very few assets on display to unnatainable levels. And we all go WOW, I can’t believ this is gameplay. And that’s because it probably isn’t. At least not as far as what we will be experiencing in the full release

Most recent examples I’m very skepitcal of, Black Myth: Wukong and Ratchet and Clank. They could live up to what they’ve shown, but I would not be surprised in the least if they don’t

2 Likes

The Initiative is all hands on Perfect Dark. These profiles are simply not updated yet.

10 Likes

No idea about Ratchet, but Black Myth is possible - UE5 is really cool engine - the problem is that I am not sure if they will be have to provide the same quality in all the areas and locations.

That initial R&C reveal had my BS meter pretty wound up. Not just in what they showed, but in what they were saying about the different dimensions, loading instantly and going back and forth in random ways. To me what they actually showed seemed to be a very carefully chosen, on the rails sort of footage. Not something spontanious and random. And of course the effects and everything were able to be cranked up in ways a full game is not

3 Likes

Dlala Studios is hiring for 2D project in an established franchise. Is a Battletoads sequel possible?

2D Crackdown beat’em up starting Terry Crews.

Edit: now that I think about it this would be successful in Game Pass like Streets of Rage 4 and Battletoads and River City Girls

6 Likes

I don’t know why, but I think Battletoads sequel is a given.

It’s such a nice nich budget game, and Dlala just deliver a damn great game for the style of the franchise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I need to finish it. I made it a few levels in and really enjoyed what I played but I never finished it.

…I do this a lot.

This kind of hyperbole is unfortunate.

5 Likes

Same here. I should reinstall it.

Nothing hyperbolic. A single scene in the cave in the reveal of Avowed generated more hype than anything else in the video.

1 Like