Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

I thought everybody was repeating the same when the game announced including @Klobrille ?

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1349055291971801091?s=20

We have no idea on the case though.

It could be multiplatform, Microsoft could go back to the table with Disney.

Also we – - - -

No no no.

Not getting back into this again.

4 Likes

I decided to take a look at the 35+ teams thing, and well, these are my estimates of the actual # of teams (it can vary of course).

Alpha Dog: 1

Arkane: 2

BGS: 4

Coalition: 2 (Gears main and spin-off/dev support)

Compulsion: 1

Double Fine: 2 (but varies)

Global Publishing: 5 (this one is a bit harder to determine, but in terms of project leads, they’ve got like 5 iirc)

Id: 2

Initiative: 1

InXile: 2

MachineGames: 2

Mojang: 2

Ninja Theory: 3

Obsidian: 5

Playground: 2

Rare: 2

Roundhouse: 1 (have done 2 in the past)

Tango: 1

343i: 2 (Main and spin-off/lore)

Turn10: 2 (Motorsport and Horizon/Fable Support)

Undead Labs: 2 (SoD2 ongoing support and SoD 3. Will merge later).

World’s Edge: 1

Zenimax Online: 3

The total is fucking 50

15 Likes

You’ve done well. :clap:t4:

1 Like

You could say I’ve put a Crackdown on this habit. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:t4:

Two separate gaming “related” events coming from Microsoft this month:

1- Game Stack: from 20-21 April

2- What’s new for gaming: TBA

Hopes we get some dates for XCloud releasing in new regions <3

That it could be? Yes. That’s far from “we know it is”.

this!

2 Likes

I would imagine that people here would still be okay with that fake gameplay. As long their “gameplay or death” mindset is being fed, they’ll be okay with that kind of deception… of course that is until later when the game comes out with very different gameplay and they curse the development team for lying to them and not giving what was “promised”.

4 Likes

While you are right, there are plenty of *'s to place here. :stuck_out_tongue: It doesn’t make much sense to count support teams, mobile studios/teams and prototype/incubation teams. Those don’t lead to games.

Let’s see.

• Arkane 2 (Lyon & Austin)
  • BGS: 2 (Fallout 76 team & Starfield team) (incubation/designers working on TES 6)
  • The Coalition: 1 (plus a team that works with other studios eg Gears Tactics/Gears Pop)
  • Compulsion Games: 1
  • Double Fine: 2
  • id Software: 1 (plus a team that works with other studios eg Rage 2, Wolfenstein)
  • The Initiative: 1
  • inXile Entertainment: 2
  • MachineGames: 1 (they are a relatively small studio, they can’t produce two games at once. Indiana Jones after Wolf 3)
  • Mojang: 2 (This is difficult. They have the main Minecraft team working on that. The Minecraft Dungeons team is still working on content and then there’s another team working on a new game)
  • Ninja Theory: 3 (maybe two now)
  • Obsidian: 3 (Grounded, Avowed, TOW2/TOWDLC. Josh Sawyer team is really small and not sure if that will hit full production with this size)
  • Playground Games: 2
  • Rare: 2 (Sea of Thieves, Everwild and incubation/external partnership team)
  • Roundhouse: 1
  • Tango Gameworks: 1
  • 343i: 2
  • Turn10: 1
  • Undead Labs: 1
  • World’s Edge: 1 (Difficult to say. They have multiple external teams working on games (Relic, Forgotten Empires, Tantalus)
  • Zenimax Online: 2

34 excluding Xbox Game Publishing. That would be my count. :wink:

7 Likes

What I want to know is how many employees the Xbox division has - not only Xbox Game Studios - compared to other companies like Ubisoft, EA, etc.

I’m most interested to see what roundhouse is doing honestly and may have something about them in terms of an article soon

3 Likes

Roundhouse has me intriguied too. They don’t have the world’s best trackrecord but they are also very much a victim of circumstance. Prey 2006 was great

GAMEPLAY >>>>> In Engine Trailer >>>>>>>>>> CGI Trailer

Really hoping Microsoft shows gameplay trailers this year and if a game isn’t ready, then I hope they don’t show anything as I would much rather wait until a game is ready to have gameplay shown.

5 Likes

I feel like we could probably get an avowed trailer, the games been in development long enough with the bulk of obsidian i feel like they could show some gameplay

Does real time cut scene count as gameplay or in engine?

I like all kinds of trailers.

6 Likes

Depends how the game plays. Some games are simply cinematic spliced together with QTEs, especially those set in the cinematic forest.

2 Likes