Xbox Game Studios |OT4| This is for Studio talk. Studios. It's the Studios OT. Studio talk here (Part 1)

They should turn crackdown into a kart racer with destructible tracks. Send me your hate.

1 Like

In my opinion many Xbox trailers are too flashy with too many cuts. I hope they’ll have trailers which speak for themselves.

This worked for me:

5 Likes

I know the difference between in-engine and CGI, but for me everything that is not running on hardware is just a fake.

While the Halo Infinite gameplay trailer backfired due to the graphics, I liked what they were going with. A decent chunk of gameplay.

6 Likes

I know people had a lot of issues with the graphics but what I took away was that game looks fun as hell to play.

7 Likes

Well, i was talking about XGS. but CGI, whether from PS, Stadia, Nintendo etc. it is not good. it would be great if XGS and PS Studios brought more gameplays. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think those types of videos are great but they either require a ton of work to put together (taking away from building the game) or are from a game that is nearing completion.

Hmm, true.

I like the Smash bros. style, though. Show CGI + Sakurai short interview + gameplay.

1 Like

But when revealing the character they show some in-game footage or model right?

Yup. They do a CGI first, and then deep dive with actual character model being used in the gameplay footage, and Sakurai interview about abilities. Very cool.

The thing about this exactly trailer is that it was made in a style, resembling the gameplay. Even if it were CG. It did not look like a movie, but as gameplay cuts.

1 Like

Yeah, that could be true.

Agree. :slightly_smiling_face:

Its one of the reasons I hope we start to see game announcements a year from release, not 2-3. With the number of studios they have now that should be feasible.

That was really unfortunate. Because that was the exact type of showing people have been asking for from Microsoft at gaming shows. Then when they do it there is a ton of backlash.

I was honestly happy with it. The gameplay looked good, really good actually. Music was top notch as well. Should be amazing now that they are cleaning up the graphics.

But anyway hopefully Microsoft continues showing games like they showed infinite last summer. Hoping for 10+ minute demo of starfield, infinite, 5+ for forza horizon 5, wolfenstien, tunic.

I think they should really focus on gameplay for any game coming before e3 2022. I’m fine with cgi or cinematically for stuff more than a year away.

Because at that time they needed only one job - to show off graphics. Nothing more. People were itching to see the next gen visuals rather than gameplay. It was the start of the next gen.

This is the problem with people nowadays. Dont care if the gameplays like garbage or is boring as long as it looks good.

4 Likes

People’s expectations are going to be even worse this time around.

They’ve seen gameplay, and now hope that the gameplay shows some incredible graphics, it’ll look incredible, but I’m ready to see “this doesn’t look next-gen”. Thankfully the majority will see the truth behind these trolls.

I’m expecting some new vehicles and weapons for this year’s new gameplay.

2 Likes

Come on let’s not go too crazy now. Chances of all those games being multiplatform are very slim I’d say, very slim. There doesn’t seem to be any contract for Starfield, highly doubt one exists for TES 6, so that’s really up to Phil. Would be downright fucked up and also awkward if much more appears to still be tied to deals, I don’t believe it.

With one year delay Halo must deliver - whatever it takes. Every feature will be heavily scrutinized and every missing feature will be questioned.

I still have no idea who came up with the notion that the games are contractually obligated to appear on some consoles many years in advance. Devs don’t even know if the game will be cancelled or not.