Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Dying Light 2 still could be that rumored other game coming to Xbox later this year. Techland after all did say this was going to be a big year. Now let’s assume a acquisition is not in the cards, but that timed exclusivity for DL2 could be a thing.

Man if dying light 2 came out this year at all even if multi platform that would be amazing. If it came to gamepass day one that would be huge excluaive or not. If it is exclusive even times with Xbox acquiring tech land that’s a huge win in my book. Even with horizion 2 and ratchet comming out dying light 2 would still be my most anticipated game

1 Like

Wish every gaming company has its own insiders.

Good marketing tools.

We used to have Capcom insiders but then Capcom just started leaking themselves

8 Likes

Firstly, forgive my english, I’ve been watching this discussion for a while and decided to start posting my thoughts nas well, so thank you for having me :slight_smile: I know that everyone’s is anxious about the Bethesda acquisition, I my self am just over the moon about it, best thing to happen to Xbox in forever and a good sign for things to come.

And I’m 100% sure that every single-player game is going to be exclusive, no other way around it, this acquisition is in the same vein as the other they’ve been doing in the last few years. The difference with Bethesda and Zenimax is that they saw opportunity to get a premium package in one go, but the plan stays the same, as when they acquired: obsidian, inxile, double fine, compulsion and ninja theory. Thing is, Bethesda will be the first time that they have the chance to get an exclusive from the get go and this is shaking things up, and as we are used to waiting for stuff, it’s hard to believe that, suddenly Starfield is ours.

Don’t forget people, Sony was about to take Starfield out of Xbox, Phil knows this, do you think that him knowing Sony was ready to take Starfield out of Xbox AND having 2 giants like FFVII remake and FFXVI as exclusives for God knows how long, would just let them have Starfield for “Good guy points”? Sony is leaving no quarter, having the chance, they’re getting a timed or full exclusivity of every big game out there, why Phil would play nice at a turning point time like this?

Lastly, Xbox is going big, like really big, and they need people to know they’re serious about this, they need people to invest their time in their ecosystem and not just buy a game on the already popular console everyone already loves for years and years. Xbox is making moves guys, and no big company like MS would make such big investments without wanting something back, and they want their 360 era fans back, and more.

25 Likes

Welcome to the community and yep, you nailed it!

6 Likes

First off, Welcome to xboxera. Your english was great and easy to follow. Secondly, Absolutely agree on the bethesda/Zenimax deal.

7 Likes

Thanks guys, had to take that off my chest.

If they want Bethesda games to play best on Xbox, they need to focus on Xbox, XVA, ML, DirectX12U. Adding PS5 to the list of optimizations will only hold back and waste dev time and money. It’s logical, it’s coming.

8 Likes

yep, the only way I see Xbox games ever ever coming to Playstation is through Xcloud on gamepass, and even that I’m increasingly unsure of.

3 Likes

We do have Dusk Golem is doing great job with RE news & other known insiders are:

Klobrille | Xbox GS

Brad sams | Xbox hardware

Emily Rogers | Nintendo

Shinobi602 | Sony + EA [formerly]

Sadly no other insiders.

They’ll have to have a PlayStation buttons overlay for every game and it’d be funny.

I’d say sponger is likely an insider, but hard to verify his info since its been primarily about upcoming Obsidian and InXile titles.

Yeah with him we are going to have to wait till Avowed comes out to verify what was said. He has been specific and hopefully it is true because Avowed sounds like it is going to be really good.

2 Likes

You use opinions as evidence to support other opinions. The way you say things makes it sound like its based on information as opposed to opinion.

4 Likes

You know how absurd it sounds just to say that the Indiana Jones game isnt going to be out until 2028 :skull:. Might as well get it ready for the next gen xbox.

4 Likes

My guess is late 2024 or early 2025. Machine games is well oiled ( :wink: ) and should go all in into this games after WF3 that should launch late this year or early next. They’ll grow still and have funds and tech from MS to make this work, and guess what, if they focus on only one console it’ll be even better for development.

1 Like

is there any possibility that DirectML “SuperResolution” will arrive with Halo Infinite?

would do well for Series S. Halo Infinite with RT and 60fps, all of this together. :star_struck: :ok_hand:

don’t think it’s coming for at least 2 years imo

I havn’t played the DLC yet (waiting for The Ancient Gods Part 2 to release before), so I don’t know if The Ancient Gods is concluding the story or not.

I just know we’re going to Urdak aka the Paradise/Heaven

If not, then a final DOOM game. If yes, a QUAKE reboot.

I like to joke about WAITING until 2030 for games but that take is just silly, agreed. My guess is 2023-24 for Indy.

6 Likes