Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

No insider knew about Bethesda, but it’s easy for anyone to say it now because MS have admitted to looking for new acquisitions. The insiders will know at the same time as us.

https://twitter.com/WolfOfDarknesss/status/1356697909346136065?s=19 https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1356698453120843778?s=19

Maybe they knew but didn’t want to leak the Bethesda acquisition.

1 Like

I mean that’s quite easy to say.

2 Likes

True but why should Jez lie about it ? He is already one of the most trustworthy Xbox insider. I think the problem is that no insider has the documents which clearly stated that something is acquired.

GiantBomb and Vice Gaming expected a bigger acquisition from Microsoft after the E3 2018 show. Turns out the rumour was that Microsoft is acquiring Capcom but they made so much money from Monster Hunter World and stopped the acquisition.

That’s my first time hearing about a capcom buyout. I do remember a lot of games media saying they had heard crazy rumours during that time. Bethesda stuff has probably been in the works since then.

I think rumor was so absurd that Jez preferred to remain silent so as not to be called crazy, liar etc. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here I am from a small country with a language spoken by about 10m people, and i hate localizations :wink: Games in my native language sound silly and so does things like movie dubs etc. Not much of that here though, only for young children thankfully.

But of course there should be options, like subs and UI/menu in other languages for those who are interested. Works great in games like Yakuza where I don’t understand Japanese but prefer to have Japanese VA and english subs/UI.

Options is never bad.

Very well said.

Good on you to bring the forum back to its senses. :slight_smile:

I agree, Psychonauts 2 is looking very very cool. Double Fine is amazingly creative. Hope Tim has an expansion plan to implement his ideas.

I agree with there GP games to try first list :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wrote a little something for Metro. Give a read if you fancy. The Xbox Game Studios to watch in the next generation | Metro News

13 Likes

I thought about this before but never posted it here. Zenimax may help Xbox in localizing their first party titles better. Bethesda Japan, Europe, Russia, Nordic and Middle East can turn into localization teams for the rest of XGS studios, previously they worked for any games published by Bethesda. Microsoft should absolutely never close any of the Bethesda regional, support or QA teams.

cool write up

1 Like

“There has been a bit of acknowledgment that the series isn’t quite the draw it once was, so it will be interesting to see if this studio will be allowed to spread their wings and create something completely new.”

¯_(ツ)_/¯

That article is one of the better Xbox related articles I have read in a while. Very well done. Props.

1 Like

But CD’s Tomb Raiders were huge sellers. Probably only behind the latest FF’s

Yeah, but they also made Avengers.

Good article

1 Like

Not their fault square banked on GaaS

Is it podcast time yet?

I need them rumors.

9 Likes