Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

lol yep.

1 Like

Bloody hell 15 Billion in a single quarter and people are worried about MS trying to make their money back on the Bethesda deal by putting their games on all platforms lol!

MS is making 5B a month at that rate…

4 Likes

Gamepass numbers might be revealed on the investors call in the next hour.

2 Likes

There was enough positive gaming financials in the earnings report that I wonder if they’re holding off announcing the next gamepass subscriber count until another event to get a positive swell later on, that wasn’t needed in this report because they already had a lot of good news. Or they’ll just mention it in the call.

1 Like

maybe not reached 20 million yet.

They really need them thoooooooooo

:rofl:

Phil wasn’t joking when he said what he said about it last year.

1 Like

I doubt this. They would’ve seen a big uptick with the console launches, and the pandemic is still ongoing causing everything gaming to sell like crazy.

Crazy thing is they havent even released a big game yet just wait in till Halo drops haha

2 Likes

MS \ XBOX its all $$$$$$$ :slight_smile:

1 Like

MS, not just Xbox alone.

Exactly these numbers are with the mindeset of Xbox has no games still, which will change soon with all these new studios. Also this big news today 100% without a doubt confirms the Xbox Live Gold price increase was purely a ploy to get more onto Game Pass if that wasn’t already obvious to some haha.

2 Likes

Ajje in preparation for Psychonauts 2 I will now play Psychonauts the original and with that my first OG xbox game period

It’s why I have been saying that Microsoft doesn’t need to directly make money off the Bethesda acquisition because they make basically a billion a month in profit. That money is an investment for one thing only and that is to grow Gamepass - releasing games on other platforms only hinders that goal.

3 Likes

Great growth.

1 Like

Yup, releasing their content on all platforms is a short sighted thing. Making the games exclusive makes the Xbox brand more valuable which will get them more customers, which then would lead to more Game Pass subs which is their #1 goal. Exclusive content will be the main thing that helps Game Pass subs grow which is a more long term profitability. Sure you can make some quick cash now but if you want Game Pass subs the games need to be exclusive.

2 Likes

( Xbox Content and Services revenue this quarter was higher than total Xbox Gaming revenue in the same quarter last year. ) :astonished: :astonished:

10 Likes

This is it, this is the thing they’re going for.

6 Likes

And this growth right here is THE reason that they will make the Bethesda games Xbox exclusive. Once a Starfield comes out, let alone TES VI watch how the revenue will increase waaaaaaay more, way more. Xbox the console becomes a success and Game Pass keeps growing. Shipping your games, any games to the competition is just…foolish.

6 Likes

Exactly. Would Microsoft earn more money immediately if they released the games on other platforms? Sure, but it would be a short term gain. The longer play they are aiming for is subscription revenue that has the potential to dwarf money earned on PlayStation for example.

Also, it’s not like the Xbox division is struggling as it is and needs revenue growth.

That’s the big one. Maybe I am looking too much into it, but Gamepass has to be a very big driver of that growth.

4 Likes

This massive growth without first-party games and bethesda. Imagine what that number would be with the release of the big titles

4 Likes