Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

Thats true. This is likely it.

Xbox Introduction and Gaming Vision (M) Rod Changļ¼Xbox (Microsoft)ļ¼Head of Gaming Partnership, Asia

This is what itā€™s listed as. Itā€™s at 2:30 am EST on Friday.

I half think that it might be hellblade 2.

I think this is possible for a couple reasons

1. We dont know how big the game is, if it has a similiar scope as hellblade 1 I could see it being almost done
  2. we saw what was purportedly in engine realtime gameplay at the game awards 2019, that was more than a year ago now!
  3. Hellblade 1 was made with a tiny subset of the overall team with a lot of restriction on budget and manpower etc, if a larger portion of the team and some outsourcing was used I could see hell blade 2 being close.

Its literally the only game from xbox first party aside from halo infinite that we have seen game play from, (yeah I know, real time in engine, but thats more than we have seen from the other studios.) so surely its not that far away, even if I originally thought it was 2022.

2 Likes

I feel really good about Hellblade 2 in 2022 tbh. I think thereā€™s a chance it could even be first half of 2022. The game has been baking in the oven in a while, and you have to think like, Hellblade was probably in development for at least 6-9 months when they showed it at the game awards, possibly longer.

the only wild card in this would be covid-19 delays, which maybe effect it, in which case Iā€™d still say sometime in 2022, but probably second half.

1 Like

Sounds like they might announce a keystone partnership, the guy making the presentation is literally the head of gaming partnerships, Asia. Its not like hes the head of gaming acquisitions, Asia lol.

Which asian game company would make a good partnership for xbox? aside from tencent because MS considers them competition. Maybe smilegate?

Pearl Abyss would be a good acquisition for ms tbh.

ninja theory was acquired in 2018 which was after hellblade 1 was released. I know that they released bleeding edge since then but that was only made by a small subset of people at the studio. So in all likelihood hellblade 2 was in pre-production as microsoft acquired ninja theory, and entered full production shortly after.

So likely it had ~1.5-2 years of dev time when they released the trailer.

yeah, I just remember when they announced it, Phil said it was on the company roadmap when they were acquired, so idk if that necessarily means the game was in pre-production before they bought Ninja theory, or entered pre-production shortly after, but I imagine it was baking in the oven for a good amount of time by the time they showed the trailer, and yeah as you saidā€¦itā€™s been over a year since said trailer.

4 Likes

Totally right. I consider myself a die hard xbox fan but if the games cameto ps even if it was just streaming I would see no need to have an xbox and I would just get a ps. All of my spending dollars would go over there as well which is why I think GP will not be on ps. They should just release all there games on gamepass and have it as an app for pc and tvs etc. You want to play these exclusives. 15 bucks please and you can play them where you want

1 Like

TGS?

Nah, there is no difference. Streaming is streaming regardless of what device is at the client side. Itā€™d be running of XSX in the cloud.

This really makes no sense. You would see no need to buy an Xbox because you can stream the games on PS5? The whole point of streaming it is doing it without an Xbox. You can do it on a TV or any other device. A streaming app being available on PS5 makes you no longer wabt Xbox hardware? :thinking:

my point is if xbox puts its games on ps5 streaming or not it devalues xbox as a whole. I think a lot of people see it this way.

4 Likes

This seems to be a mental thing with gamers caught up in the years of console wars. Thereā€™s no difference streaming from a PlayStation, a TV or a Fridge assuming the internet connection is the same to all the devices. PlayStation gamers can already use their Dual Sense controller when streaming from their TV in the near future. Itā€™s too lateā€¦the Xbox console is already devalued under this logic.

If weā€™re looking at the business of gaming as it impacts to the Xbox gamerā€™s future value, Iā€™d argue the number of people using Game Pass is more important than the number of consoles sold. I donā€™t expect streaming on PlayStation due to Sonyā€™s resistance. Just saying it wouldnā€™t devalue anything differently.

5 Likes

Thank you for confirming i am not crazy lol

LOL itā€™s OK. I think itā€™s really hard for the average gamer to see it right now. Where the industry is headed. Plastic wars are the minor leagues of the gaming industry. Itā€™s about the ecosystem and Game Pass Ultimate is the heart of the Xbox ecosystem regardless of where itā€™s being accessed. If you win cloud and subscription in the future, you lead the gaming industry in the future.

I try not to repeat it too often here because people take it the wrong way. If they accomplish their cloud/subscription goals, itā€™s only going to make the Xbox console better.

2 Likes

As Iā€™ve said for months content is king we are heading into the exclusive content war now its a whole another ball game now thats why they must have bethseda games be exclusive if not what the hell is the point of spending 7.5 billion dollars just like games from obsidian, double fine, ninja theory etc future titles from bethseda will be exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem you donā€™t spend 7.5 billion dollars just to make multi plats and as nate the hate said last night more acquisitions are coming get ready ladies and gentlemen the next couple of years for Xbox are gonna be fun

4 Likes

This.

2 Likes

They most likely will be. There are frauds in the industry like Gary Whitta and Alanah Pearce who are arguing ā€œbut Microsoft is teh good guy and theyā€™ll keep putting games on Playstationā€ and also ā€œbu buh but think of teh gamerzā€

Its always a different standard with Microsoft. They have to be the good guy all so that Xbox can continue to be the joke of the industry and continuously getting bashed for having ā€œno gamesā€

• 2016: Microsoft need to work on their exclusive games! They need to give me a reason to buy an Xbox!

• 2017: Microsoft need to work on their exclusive games! They need to give me a reason to buy an Xbox!

• 2018: Microsoft need to work on their exclusive games! They need to give me a reason to buy an Xbox!

• 2019: Microsoft need to work on their exclusive games! They need to give me a reason to buy an Xbox!

• 2020: Donā€™t make Microsoft games exclusives to Xbox! Bring them to PS5!

I am sick of it and I hope MS continues flexing the wallet, buying more studios and telling Sony an d Nintendo that if they want these games on their platform they better be willing to let Game Pass on their platform.

10 Likes

Do you think weā€™re getting anything today? There are murmurs but idk.

1 Like

Agree except for the end.

For years, what you posted above is exactly what everyone has been saying and now, that theyā€™re doing it, itā€™s as if those same people canā€™t accept or handle it but too bad for them.

Microsoft was basically a sleeping bear and it was poked and prodded for the last several years. Well, that bear woke up, is hungry and pissed off.

All those people shouldnā€™t have poked the bear.

I believe that Microsoft should NOT put Game Pass on a Sony/Nintendo platform even if they paid Microsoft for it. Microsoft and Spencer need to do what they have to in order to make Xbox the best place to play video games, period. In no way, shape or form would allowing Game Pass on competing platforms accomplish this.

3 Likes