Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

It came out in August. So, if Sony had a year of exclusivity, it wouldn’t come to Xbox till late August I believe. And if there is a deal in place to come to Gamepass, I don’t think they’re allowed to talk about it until their current deal is up. As others have said, this is probably similar to what happened with Control.

I bet it is coming to Game Pass and they announced it too soon. Both the Game Pass account and the Fall Guys account said it, didn’t they?

They didnt deny Game Pass Ultimate or Games With Gold!

1 Like

they denied all forms of gamepass, that would mean both PC and Xbox gamepass and as such, gamepass ultimate. It might arrive sometime down the line, but yeah by their admission, it’s not coming anytime soon.

Maybe I should have included the following image to make my tone easier to read…

2 Likes

millions of us Gears fans want more Gears! bring it Coalition :smiley:

7 Likes

The PC-crowd is generally very elitist, hardware focused, conservative and whiny. :wink:

lol tbh that sounds just as accurate a descriptor of console gamers but let’s not get into that.

1 Like

I like to keep expectations low for this stuff haha

1 Like

Has it? What’s the name?

Murder on Eridanos

Man, as FH3 was delisted, it only makes sense for Hot Wheels expansion to come back as it was very beloved, arguably the most liked expansion for the series. And hopefully, it’s included in Ultimate like Hivebusters is. I think that’s the early surprise for FH4 and the unannounced thing Klobrille was referring to on otherera. It’s all coming together. :wink:

The interest isn’t there. Gears has done poorly on the Xbox most played chart(US store) since a week after launch. Going off of that chart it’s Microsoft’s 6th or 7th biggest franchise not including Bethesda. Meanwhile i would say they are probably Microsoft’s most talented studio.

1 Like

Nah, I used to be one of the PCMR. At least here it’s true. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not even sure they enjoy games, haha.

Well fair enough, I had no idea

1 Like

Sorry but it’s kind of the other way around. Gamepass was having immense growth before gears 5 even released. Also we have player numbers for the horizon games and for sea of theives. Wonder why we don’t for gears? It’s likely below both.

Gamepass was already on a extremely good growth trajectory. I think you may be confusing gears 5 with forza horizon 4. FH4 hit 7 million players after a couple months and more than 12 million by the time gears 5 came out. If your going to point to a game causing gamepass’es breakout it would be that one.

1 Like

I am exclusively on the PC side and even I find the whole PCMR brigade cringe asf lol

1 Like

Well Hitman III runs best on Series X.

Time to hop on Twitter and see how this news is being taken…

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen, SoT and FH4 are what drove Gamepass for the most part. FH4 was the only reason I subbed initially, and I did it because the game wasn’t on Steam lol. I just had to give in to an inferior store experience to play the game on my pc and I was glad I did. I expect FH4 to launch on Steam sometime this year (or maybe FH5 will launch simultaneously on steam and ms store when it arrives), and when it does, it’ll do truly insane numbers, I’m talking 20 million easy. Other than Forza, only Sea of Thieves has been able to garner those kinds of numbers. Rare even came out and said SoT has been the most successful game for Xbox in the entire generation. I’ve not seen Gears or any other Xbox franchise pull those numbers. However, I expect this to change with Halo infinite and Starfield and TES and the like.

2 Likes

Yeah that DF analysis is eye opening and will be the standard as the gen goes on. Quite a bit above PS5.