Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

exclusivity agreement ?

I feel like there has to be, idk if traditional MP is enough these days. BRā€™s always seem to get big press and excitement too, just look at Apex. When Apex came out it was pretty much all people were talking about and I donā€™t know if traditional MP has that pull.

I would say though, the MP being free is going to help so maybe it can do without a BR. I donā€™t think the game wonā€™t be big because it didnā€™t have a BR either. I know I said there has to be one which is probably too strong of a word but just seems weird for a MP game nowdays to not have one.

1 Like

There isnā€™t a single free to play shooter as comprehensive as say halo 5ā€™s mp. If halo infinite is comparable, it wonā€™t need a battle Royale

1 Like

I donā€™t think there has to be a battle royal for Infiniteā€™s mp to work. Does the mp have to have an ongoing structure with added content on a regular basis, sure as hell. Also I rather have something new from Halo, the next hit after ā€œbattle royalā€ would be nice. Halo once tried to copy CoD with its mp and that absolutely didnā€™t work out. Also in a world where everyone is doing BRs itā€™s good to do something completely different to stick out. Also I think a big draw for Battle Royal games is that they are free to play and with tons of content coming via seasons. Halo MP will have that both.

I love it

1 Like
5 Likes

:fr: :eye: :lips: :eye: :fr:

beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This definitely means Nintendo is getting acquired by Microsoft. The colour is the same trustworthy leaker as the blue controller about the Sega acquisition. :phil_lmao:

1 Like

nah, itā€™s actually France flag. France is getting acquired by Microsoft, thatā€™s one way they shall get Asobo under XGS.

Knuckles Red to go with Sonic Blueā€¦

8 Likes

Is it really knuckles red?

1 Like

Really wish I would have held off on blue to get red it looks awesome.

omg :eye: :lips: :eye:

:chief_think:

Thatā€™s a pretty great shortlist :slight_smile: Though Iā€™d probably sub The Astronauts for a different studio, even though Witchfire does look great; Iā€™m thinking DONTNOD, Frontier, or IOI especially given the strong relationship the majority of these teams have with Xbox. Iā€™m not going to claim a 30by2022 or similar memetic reference, but I think weā€™re going to see a pretty bullish few years for acquisitions and I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see another large acquisition and/or a push for additional Eastern devs (Korea, Japan, etc.). For the record, this is purely based on the myriad of statements by Xbox/MS Leadership and their buying pattern thus far, and should not be taken as some sort of confirmation or rumor of anything in particular.

As @Figments mentioned on our latest podcast, when speaking specifically about the sensibility of a Sega purchase by Xbox, I would argue that as the industry is in full content-security mode, few publishers have the approach Xbox has in regards to how they treat their studios. As such, I see a lot of these purchases as a win-win for everyone: gamers get access to all of the studioā€™s future (and past in some cases) titles via Game Pass, developers get the security that Xbox guarantees whilst remaining free creatively, and Xbox/MS obviously increases their value proposition for the Xbox ecosystem and Game Pass.

1 Like

waiting for ā€œThe New Xbox Wireless Controller ā€“ Pulse Yellowā€ :smiley:

1 Like

No we had Shock Blue, Pulse Redā€¦ Jolt Yellow? Bombshell Yellow? Crash Yellow? Vaultā€¦ Yellow?

1 Like

I believe there an old interview since 2012 or 2011 the developer criticized XLA 360 policies and praised PSā€™s one and was mentioned he will go with PS in his future projects at the time (Transistor). Thought it was some sort of marketing, but skipping for Xbox 7+ years? Is something weird.

1 Like

Maybe this is disinterest in Xbox? we all know the difficult beginning Xbox One faced. Maybe that took studio away from Xbox, but things have changed now, right. Game Pass :eyes:, new leadership, new consoles, cloud gaming :eyes: etc. maybe they are coming backā€¦ :wink:

1 Like