Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

THQ Nordic/Deep Silver owns that IP and they have some development studio working on it but I forgot who.

Agreed.

1 Like

Can a publisher change mid dev cycle? I wonder if MS could take over and pay them off or something. Surely the publisher doesn’t like how long it’s taking for Dead Island 2.

I never heard of that it didn’t happen with outer worlds

Embracer owns the IP so I don’t see that happening. They had the same issues with Homefront 2 which was a disaster that I bought at launch for $60. Bad idea. It could just be one of those games that simply isn’t meant to be.

1 Like

Yes

4 Likes

Oh didn’t know that

1 Like

Ooh so there is precedent for this, interesting. Thanks for that.

1 Like

[/quote]

I thought for sure it was Techland too, it just seemed suspicious after they closed their publishing arm, then upgraded to a huge office, but Techland came out and squashed those rumors, so my money is on Bloober Team after a report came out about them talking to 12 different companies for acquisition.

1 Like

I mean no company is going to come out and say they have been acquired if you just ask them. Obsidian denied it all the way till it was official.

5 Likes

The Psychonauts 2 example isn’t exactly a good example or indication because first, im pretty sure that Double Fine owns the Psychonauts IP (which I guess would now be Microsoft even though I would not be surprised if Schaffer himself owns it) and second, Starbreeze is still in a huge financial hole. Embracer Group is not, like not even close.

Exactly I think it is techland insomniac said they weren’t interested in being acquired then what do you know sony bought them

2 Likes

That BEFORE picture looks so depressing. Microsoft can consider themselves lucky to sell as many xbox one consoles as they did with such a barren studio landscape.

IIRC it came from @Klobrille.

You have just combined two years into one :smile:

Right, it’s nuts they managed to sell as much as they did goes to show they do have a pretty big hardcore audience.

Ah ok well maybe he knows more than me/linkedin

Welp preordered infinite from Amazon can’t wait for launch

3 Likes

I did include the source in the relevant tweet.

Since joining 343 Industries in 2008, I provided business leadership and technical acumen to scale the studio from 30 to 750 team members, and generated more than $2B in revenue across games.

People make the mistake to assume these are all developers or all working on Halo Infinite. They are obviously not. Halo is a huge franchise which needs to be managed – and this requires people. Halo is the most prominent Xbox IP especially if you look at all the merchandise, books, etc. that get created. They even created an arcade machine with Halo: Fireteam Raven. These things don’t just magically appear, there is a lot of work behind every single piece.

• Halo Infinite
  • Halo MCC
  • possibly a third game incubation team
  • Halo Showtime TV show
  • Licensing & merchandise
  • Lore & books
  • Online services & Halowaypoint
  • eSports
  • Community
  • and so on.

2021 is an incredibly important year for Halo. Halo MCC is in an excellent condition these days and just like 343 deserved the criticism for the launch state of the game, today they deserve the praise for practically making Halo MCC the best legacy collection in gaming history. Halo Infinite is hitting the home stretch, the Halo Showtime TV series is in full production, Halo 20th anniversary is coming.

I personally predict this to be biggest year for Halo ever, with player numbers above anything we’ve ever seen in a Halo game, driven by a strong Halo Infinite free-to-play multiplayer experience.

15 Likes

Agreed but ignoring all that, I’m just glad the Almighty Squirrel Himself is being more active on here these days. :smile::innocent:

1 Like

Just to clear it up, I wasn’t saying you were wrong or anything if it came across that way, I was just going off the Linkedin page for 343i :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s going to be amazing, I think this is going to be a huge hit on Twitch with it coming to PC & Xbox now. The Twitch community is mostly on PC so it’s smart bringing it to PC, gonna be massive day one on Twitch that’s for sure!

The F2P MP is such a smart move that’s going to push this even more, people are going to be able to jump in so easily both on PC & Console. There has to be a BR too, surely they would add one even after they said no. I think right now is prime for another big BR game to come on the scene. Warzone/PUBG/Apex/Fortnite are getting a bit stale now (not saying they’re bad or failing btw) so a fresh F2P BR game would probably be a big hit and push the numbers so much higher.

Am personally super excited for Infinite and I can’t bloody wait for it.

2 Likes

If Hades released this year on Xbox as the rumors said, I hope whether Super gaint or Microsoft clarify why the team skiped Whole Xbox One generation?

Does there?

1 Like