Xbox Game Studios |OT3| Once more....with feeling (Part 1)

I don’t think so, or if they do it will be small things like skins and and stuff.

The base game will already be very large. An open world campaign, firefight, forge, theater. Arena with 7-10 maps, btb with 3-5 maps, and warzone 2.0(or whatever this large player base mode will be called) with either 2-4 maps or 1-2 really big maps(like battle royale sized maps).

I don’t think there’s a point in adding more content at launch because no matter how much it’s comes out with people will want new content. Since it’s got a free to play multiplayer they will likely have seasons every 3-4 months that adds things like maps, modes, skins, emotes, forge items, other customizables. Then I’m hoping every 9-15 months there’s a sizable expansion that’s focused on the campaign.

I think what the delay does is it allows 343 to get a jumpstart on working on this extra content. I think fans are going to be pleased with the support the game gets.

Hope so they cannot pull a halo 5 and be lack luster on content

1 Like

Just like the last of us 2 didn’t take away hype from ghost of tsushima, same is for halo and starfield, and even more so.

3 Likes

people always act like xbox can’t release 2 big games in the same year. Last year sony had last os us 2 ghosts and dreams all in a few months in the first half of the year and then spiderman demon souls and the sackboy game in the 2nd half. Once xbox gets all of its studios going I kind of expect the same thing

5 Likes

Exactly, and all of them were hyped more or less depending on the game. Tlou2 and got were even just a month apart and were still successful. There’s nothing preventing Microsoft to do so and surely they know it better than us.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion (on a core video game forum): the success of Halo Infinite will be decided by its multiplayer, not so much by its campaign. Yes, Halo as a complete experience needs to offer a great campaign as well, but the truth is that by offering a free-to-play multiplayer Halo experience, the direction for the franchise is automatically set to reach the most players in franchise history ever.

I don’t want to talk about prioritising multiplayer over campaign – we are looking at two different teams anyway --, but I definitely think 343 needs to absolutely nail gameplay, unlocks, seasons, ranked, customisation, monetization and progression systems. They absolutely need to nail the GaaS aspect of Halo Infinite – yep, I used the evil word. Looking ahead of the launch window, these will be much more important than visuals, Craig’s face, grass or anything like that. I don’t think many people realise the potential of Halo Infinite being free-to-play to all players on Xbox, Cloud & PC yet.

Halo Infinite will live or die with its multiplayer.

31 Likes

thank you, i been saying the same shit for a while and people scoff at the idea that halo is gonna be an entirely different phenomenon this time, and not just that, I really believe Halo is gonna be the most popular not on xbox but on pc and steam this time around. Halo is gonna become a de facto pc dominant franchise with the release of Halo Infinite. I mention this because this would be the right time for console version of Halo infinite to finally drop gold requirement to play the f2p multiplayer, otherwise it’s gonna be further bottlenecked in its reach compared to PC. Unlike all the previous entries, there are also a lot more live service games right now competing in this space and competing for your time, so Halo has to nail the multiplayer to sustain, halo 5 still has players because the game’s multiplayer has been known to be the better aspect of it. Literally the biggest entertainment phenomenon right now that being The Avengers couldn’t survive despite the weight of that IP, it won’t matter how popular Halo is, or how the campaign is if people want to keep playing the game beyond it. The campaign has to be great of course, and I’m confident in it due to Joe Staten’s return as an important role overseeing the campaign, but the long term success of the game is hardly gonna be contingent on it, no matter how appalling that reality might seem to some of the fanbase.

1 Like

Absolutely smashing the nail on the head here.

2 Likes

I’m just really worried they won’t have Firefight at launch :grimacing:

What you say makes sense, sadly. On the other hand, MS has been mentioning Starfield quite a few times since the news of the upcoming Bethesda acquisition. They didn’t have to do that, because anyone that even follows game news a little knows that Starfield is BGS’s next one.

They are not mutually exclusive

2 Likes

but why?

https://youtu.be/OHldhnS2WsM

I made this Friends intro parody for XGS. Enjoy.

14 Likes

Great job, mate. Really cool

1 Like

Thanks. The only one for Xbox was an anti-Xbox one by a PS console warrior so I wanted to spread some positivity.

6 Likes

I have a feeling we might see a Sony event before an Xbox event. Why? Well Sony isn’t afraid of announcing games way ahead of timel and that would steal Xbox’s thunder because of all the goodwill they gained last generation. So i am thinking maybe Xbox will play it safe and wait until after Sony does something.

it seems so obvious :eye: :lips: :eye:

Sony has State of Play, Xbox has nothing

Sony can show up in anytime, Xbox can’t

So it’s useless for Xbox to wait Sony moves

The solution is to go bold and make announcements in random days in the year.

I don’t know when Sony might show something but the next Xbox show will almost certainly coincide with their xcloud launch to a billion devices this spring. It’s made even more likely as it’s almost certain the Bethesda acquisition will be closed by then.

4 Likes

Inside Xbox :smiley: